• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello I'm New!

Annie Johnson

Hi! My name is Annie Johnson! I'm new to this site, and I'm also a new photographer in the process of learning. I went to art school here in Los Angeles, and now I'm a freelance graphic designer. I want to learn more about photography outside of the one class I was required to take in school. I live in Burbank.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi! My name is Annie Johnson! I'm new to this site, and I'm also a new photographer in the process of learning. I went to art school here in Los Angeles, and now I'm a freelance graphic designer. I want to learn more about photography outside of the one class I was required to take in school. I live in Burbank.

Annie, beng a graphic designer means you know more than most about pleasing and compelling composition. Art school has given you appreciation for all the manners by which expression can be individualized and yet reach others and turn them on! So you are already ahead of the game.

What camera/s do you have? Do you already have pictures to share?

Asher

Annie Johnson

I have a Sony DSLR. I'm still trying to learn how to use it. And yes, I know the basic basics, but I'd like to expand my knowledge and learn more. My recent photos can be seen at the website in my signature.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have a Sony DSLR. I'm still trying to learn how to use it. And yes, I know the basic basics, but I'd like to expand my knowledge and learn more. My recent photos can be seen at the website in my signature.

Annie,

You've made a good start! I'm posting one so you can see how it's done. Just quote this message and you will see the syntax is easy to copy.

1305127503.72.jpg

Annie Johnson: Los Angeles: Untitled

The myriad of signs is a revelation to me. Never seen that before!

Asher