• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Elisabet, 1984

Nigel Allan

Taken with my Pentax LX and probably 80-200mm on Ektachrome in 1984 and recently rediscovered and scanned with Nikonscan 5000. No retouching or cropping

Wow Nigel, thirty years ago! The subject was young and slim, as were we all, more or less. These are wonderful scans; thanks for sharing.

Chris Heilman

She should have had her foot sticking out behind her in the third picture. The first one is really iconic of the time. Back then, I called 1984 the 'year of the seeing eye', because my company, 'CI', made a profit for the first time. (Commercial Imaging - pronounced "see eye")

Nigel Allan

She should have had her foot sticking out behind her in the third picture. The first one is really iconic of the time. Back then, I called 1984 the 'year of the seeing eye', because my company, 'CI', made a profit for the first time. (Commercial Imaging - pronounced "see eye")

Thanks Chris. If I had been consciously trying to create a theme I would agree with you but as it happens these were simply a selection of poses and shots which appealed to me from a roll of 36, hence not all shots had her foot kicking up lol

But thanks for the endorsement. Saying it is iconic of the year means I must have captured the spirit of the moment. In those days I guess my photographic influences swung between Vogue and National Geographic, both of which I used to collect avidly