• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Josh

James Lemon

i-t6J222t-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

James,

Yes he is interesting and so neatly dressed and prepared to meet us. But what is so special is the armature that creates a very rich pose of his lips. This holds the qualities of happiness, humor and wish to communicate and be part of your photography "force field", so to speak.

I have never seen lips like this with such expression!

Asher

James Lemon

James,

Yes he is interesting and so neatly dressed and prepared to meet us. But what is so special is the armature that creates a very rich pose of his lips. This holds the qualities of happiness, humor and wish to communicate and be part of your photography "force field", so to speak.

I have never seen lips like this with such expression!

Asher

Hi Asher

Josh has been visiting his girlfriend in the big city of Vancouver so he is a long way from the UK

but from what I understood he will be moving here from London. I met him at a local coffee place

that entertains many camera freaks. He is a proud owner of a new Leica Q and was interested in my

black and white photos.

James

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher

Yes the Leica Q is a big hit for many photo hogs it is very light and people love them.

Josh is headed back to the UK so I don't when he will be back.

Best, regards
James

But how will it match the new Hasselblad Mirrorless MF 50 MP camera?

Asher

James Lemon

But how will it match the new Hasselblad Mirrorless MF 50 MP camera?

Asher

Hi Asher

Lots of Fuji people out there and I am hearing rumours of a new Fuji medium format camera but “No photographer is as good as the simplest camera.” – Edward Steichen

Best, regards
James

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I'm not sure I understand "armature" in this context. I know of about three meanings of that word but I can't quite fit any of them in here.

Perhaps it is a Sirian expression.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

I'm not sure I understand "armature" in this context. I know of about three meanings of that word but I can't quite fit any of them in here.

Doug,

I referred to the way his orbicularis oris and lip muscles are "wound" to create expressive shaping.

But the more accurate word here is embouchure. This is the highly skilled and instrument and performance-specific, (continuously controlled and modified), muscular shaping of the lips to provide the exactly needed shape to control the air passing to a wind instrument and achieve the quality of musical sounds required. Here, in James' remarkable photograph, we can read emotive social signals by the equally facile manner in which the man's lips are exquisitely shaped, curved, protruded and rolled, without him uttering a word. This facial signaling is remarkable and intricate. In autism spectrum disorder, we lose the ability to emotionally connect to such signaling and experience and "feel the qualities transmitted. Newly introduced magnetic-electric head gear can return this reading skill of social perception and empathy, so it may be inherent genetically and not learned.

Perhaps it is a Sirian expression.

Was that a humorous allusion to malapropes, or what?

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Doug,

I referred to the way his orbicularis oris and lip muscles are "wound" to create expressive shaping.

Yes, I understood that. I was just unfamiliar with the use of the term "armature" for that.

But the more accurate word here is embouchure.

Yes, that is perhaps apt (especially if we consider its etymology, though which we can interpret it as meaning "the working of the mouth").

Was that a humorous allusion to malapropes, or what?

I was suggesting that your term might have been introduced into your message by your editorial assistant, Siri.

Best regards,

Doug