• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Homage: Our Own Pictures Inspired by a Work of Art Escaping with the liquid filter in Photoshop

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here's a playful attempt to escape from what's real. I was thinking of "The Scream". I am playing with the medium to enclose the main subject and to break down the certainty of elements as I try to create commonality.

_DSF2603_Kirstie B&W liquid horror.jpg

Asher Kelman: Liquididity
Fuji GFX GF 32-64mm
Liquify PS CC 2018
Topaz Impression

Asher

Last edited:
looks like you had fun playing around. I wonder now what the original of this image looked like as it seems like a fun concept.

:)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

Much more fun!

But here is the back story:

I took the pictures with no idea of altering them. We just had teenager fun as is my impulse, ? ? !!

However, when I have a new image, I do sometimes experiment with various filters, just to explore outside of my experience and imagination. This simplification of picture detail, by the "liquid effect" filter made me think of the most famous painting, "The Scream", made in 1893, (and subsequently in varied adaptions), by Edvard Munch.

Look here!

I could not resist sharing this and will repeat this with planning in my studio!

But of course, all that is too somber and serious!

I much prefer to reckless fun in full public view as if I had no responsibility to be disciplined, obey civil rules and just live the childhood that I entirely missed, being brought up in a strict home in post World War II London with 7 Siblings in a bombed out neighborhood!

I am in heaven just having fun and a muse is a great gift! Fortunately, my wife is a supporter and approves.....with understood limits!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Peter and Doug,

It is great that we have a relationship that I feel comfortable getting my picture critiqued honestly. Guys you are correct about the mundainess of the tires and how "pedestrian" her shoes are. Next time she will have no shoes, for sure and bandage to create the stripes over her face to form the pathways for the subsequent liquefaction process!

Thanks for the input!

One can't go from fun with a young woman to a serious "scream", just using an electronic filter! Need more planning and cognition!

Still the exercise works to stimulates me to be creative outside of my comfort space!

Asher

Last edited:
Ha, I can see the scream reference when re-looking at the filtered one. It fun to see the original which showed that you surely had a excellent time.. it looks like so much fun!

:) Maggie