• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Real Names?

fahim mohammed

I have noticed lately that quite a few ' new ' members have ' names ' that would stretch my imagination to believe that they are their ' real ' names.

Doesn't it defeat the purpose when we are expected to log in using ' real ' names ?

Just wondering.

Sincerely yours,
The brother of qcuongbds ( and others ).

Michael Nagel

Fahim,

The thing is - as I experienced not so long ago - is that you can register using any kind of pseudonym, but you are not allowed to post until somebody grants you the permission.
I remained in that state for some time after registering...

I am sure that Asher can shed some more light in this.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

Let me know if you spot a post by one of these weirdly named characters. I delete them as fast as they register! I doubt any get through! If one does, someone would notice.

You might see them as New Members" online, but they have merely tried to register and are awaiting approval.

Asher

Fahim,

The thing is - as I experienced not so long ago - is that you can register using any kind of pseudonym, but you are not allowed to post until somebody grants you the permission.
I remained in that state for some time after registering...

I am sure that Asher can shed some more light in this.

Hi Michael, Fahim,

That's correct. New subscriptions are checked, as far as humanly possible, IP-addresses are checked, Websites seached, homepages or other social media sites might reveal inconsistencies with the provided subscription details. This is of course not a 100% guarantee that the name is (not) real, but Asher tries his best.

When the new member is accepted, but doesn't follow the TOS, or exhibits suspect activities, then there is another opportunity to act for the moderators.

When you spot something strange, don't hesitate to bring it to our attention, we will look into the matter. But rest assured, nobody gets automatic rights to post or look at the details of other menbers.

Cheers,
Bart

fahim mohammed

Asher, thank you for clearing that up. For an instant I thought I had to spell ' these ' names ' correctly!!
Let alone pronounce them. :)

Michael, thank you too.

Kindest regards to you both.