• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Estonian bog

Graham Mitchell

From a walk today. Here is a pano made of 4 verticals stitched together using 40mm f3.5 lens on Rollei 6008AF/Sinr e54LV.

raba-pano.jpg

This one's a single shot:

080924-165810-0139.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Fontana

pro member
Hi Graham

the richeness of details is quite stunning.
What projection did you used when stitching?

The left and right border look like a rectilinear to me; if using a cylndrical, it would lose the °UW-effect°
My guesswould be about 120 degs wide.

But maybe, you like it as it is...

From a walk today. Here is a pano made of 4 verticals stitched together using 40mm f3.5 lens on Rollei 6008AF/Sinr e54LV.

Hi Graham,

One can only imagine what the full size output looks like ..., and I'm also a stitched image aficionado, so I know what to look for.

Now, about the specific images themselves, I'd have liked some more bottom space on the first image. It somehow could use more of a visual boundary to the water, especially with the boarding hinting at more ... The second image could use a bit more darkening/burning of the foreground. As it is, it draws a bit too much attention, without offering interesting structures to look at. Again, I'm just looking at small renderings of the real thing (and to make matters worse, on a laptop), but I believe that a stunning image is stunning at any scale ...

Thanks for sharing,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

raba-pano.jpg

H Graham,

I love the way the broad blue sky is reflected into the water. It forms a "T" shape. The sky is the top horizontal part and the water the vertical stem. This is the powerful feature of the image. Also it has the sense of a panorama. So with permission, I'm posting my attempt to bring this out.

raba-pano-2AK.jpg

© Graham Mitchell

Trimmed of the lower foreground as it seemed distracting and added nothing to the powerful scene above. The richness of the sky was increased using a curve layer and selective blending. Then the sky and water were sharpened selectively as was the post on the right, since that anchors the picture in the foreground.

I hope you like this versioning of your fine picture.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Graham,

Thanks my friend for allowing me to work some ideas on your fine photograph! I can only imagine what the print will be like. How will you print it?

Incidentally, tell us how your Rollei 6008 Sinar E54LV functions for you. Do you get good service? What do you think you are missing in not having the Hy6 body? How good is AF or do you use it at all? Also are you still using any film?

Asher

Asher

Graham Mitchell

Thanks my friend for allowing me to work some ideas on your fine photograph! I can only imagine what the print will be like. How will you print it?

I don't have any plans to print it, but I usually use a local shop with an Epson Stylus PRO 11880.

Incidentally, tell us how your Rollei 6008 Sinar E54LV functions for you. Do you get good service? What do you think you are missing in not having the Hy6 body? How good is AF or do you use it at all? Also are you still using any film?

I'm not using film at all. The camera works well although there is no proper digital interface with the Rollei 6008AF, so you must use a flash sync cable between the camera and back, which is not ideal. You must remove and reattach the back to switch orientations. You also get no EXIF data, you must adjust the ISO on both the camera and the back and the batteries don't have a long life. I solved the Rollei battery problem by having the battery rebuilt with higher capacity NiMH cells. This is given me a vastly longer battery life. Those are the downsides. Of course all those problems are solved with the Hy6, and it is smaller and lighter too. On a positive note, the 6008AF is not so expensive to buy, and all the lenses are the same for this system and the Hy6, so I imagine upgrading to a Hy6 when I can afford it. Until then, I'm enjoying these great lenses and I like the files from the e54LV very much too. All my lenses are manual so I can't comment on the AF performance of the 6008AF.

Andreas Schmidt

Great shots - is it viru raba (viru bog) @lahemaa nature park? I was there last summer (visiting Estonia more or less once a month for business (with a break now due to winter), sometimes extended for some free days) and it looks quite similar :)

Andreas