• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Smoke Break

Chris Calohan

15199746032_88124d7611_o_d.jpg

Smoke Break: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What happened to the link?

Anyway, Chris, I remember the image well! Immediately I was reminded of Jamie Lee Curtis, the wonderful movie star! Just from the back view, mind you! But I have never seen her smoke!

Asher

Chris Calohan

I did....having lost my oldest brother to lung cancer from those damn cigarettes, it's what I think of every time I see someone smoking.

James Lemon

Hello Chris

This is an interesting image but the vertical line running through it divides the image and thus my attention. Rarely do I see a photograph with a vertical line that runs through the frame actually work well.

Best,regards

James

Nigel Allan

I am not the best at offering critique but I like this shot. Love the B/W conversion, love the bokeh, but I do slightly agree with James Lemon about the framing as it chops the picture in half. It would have been interesting to see different angles (or even different crops) although I can imagine it was a spur of the moment thing, catching it before she moved away

Still a nice image IMHO

Chris Calohan

Thanks, everyone for the kind comments. I left the line because it kept her from being isolated in space since I had already cropped off the bottom of the swing as being unnecessary... small decisions from the artist's standpoint sometimes become larger decisions for the viewer. While it might not make a sale, perhaps it will help someone become an observant thinker.