• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

High School Soccer w/70-200 f/2.8

Jeff Johansen

A nice day to shoot with temps in the 60's and bright sunny skies. All shot with the Canon 20D and 70-200 f/2.8L.

Lately it seems that one player or another seems to appear in a large percentage of a day's shooting. Last week, it was #17, today it was # 6. Both players also happenned to score the winning goals in the respective matches.

C & C always welcome.

1-
IMG_3834.jpg

2-
IMG_3927.jpg

3-
IMG_4016.jpg

4-
IMG_4229.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Jeff

Nill Toulme

These are really nice Jeff. I have no substantial criticism of any of them, other than what appears to me to be a bit of oversharpening (halos) on some of them. Well done, great light.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Image 3 is interesting to me because neither player seem to be looking at the ball. It makes me wonder what's happening out of frame. They all look great to me - well cropped, colorful, and nice separation of the action from the background.

-Colleen

Shane Carter

Good use of the light, nice and sharp, well exposed.

1. Good, too bad about the hand blending in the other's face. Try a vertical crop and get rid of the third player and part of the second...niether of which are adding to the photo.

2. Interesting but not much going on in the play. Background is cluttered. Water jug, bags on the ground, all distracting from the action.

3. Like the expresssions. Lacking peak action, better to wait for some contact either between the player or player and ball. This is two players turniing into the ball but seems a little too early as nothing that interesting is going on.

4. Good but too late. Better when the ball is closer to the action.

Those are picky comments of course, but hey, that's what we are here for. :)

Good low camera position too. Nice series. You got all the camera stuff right on. Now just tweaking the backgrounds and timing for peak action and your on the cover of SI!