• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

She's a keeper...

Nill Toulme

080301-dhhsvg-084_std.jpg

400 f/2.8L IS with 1.4x on 1D Mark IIN, ISO 200, 1/500 f/4. Complete match with EXIF and slideshow here.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Shane Carter

400 f/2.8L IS with 1.4x on 1D Mark IIN, ISO 200, 1/500 f/4. Complete match with EXIF and slideshow here.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Cool shot. Backlight is nice for framing. You find the 1.4x on the 400 degrades the image at all or is it not noticable?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nill Toulme

If it's noticeable — and I'm not sure it is — it would only be in a critical side-by-side comparison. I like it when there's enough light, especially on the larger fields.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Barry Johnston

Keeper...

Hello Nill,
Yes, definitely a keeper... which metering mode did you use for this ?

I find that the 1x4tc definitely degrades the IQ on the 400 f/2.8 lens... my lens is much, much sharper without the extender attached, so I try not to use it if I can help it.

Great Capture....

Regards,
Barry.