• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

lampard

_44616531_lampard_afp_226.jpg

An AFP photo of one of the most moving moments in sport I've seen in years. Frank Lampard dedicates his penalty goal in the European Champions Cup semi-final to his mother who died the previous week. A moving moment, too, for Avram Grant, beleaguered manager of the Chelsea team. He said: "Today was Holocaust day in my country, and I will be making a visit to Auschwitz tomorrow. This was a special day for me. Hard but very special.... My father, who survived the Holocaust, buried my grandfather with his own hands, so this day always has an extra significance."

I know I'm biased because of upbringing, but does anyone really think another sport tugs the heart-strings as much as football?

For the full story on the Chelsea-Liverpool game go to
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7376788.stm

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
An AFP photo of one of the most moving moments in sport I've seen in years. Frank Lampard dedicates his penalty goal in the European Champions Cup semi-final to his mother who died the previous week. A moving moment, too, for Avram Grant, beleaguered manager of the Chelsea team. He said: "Today was Holocaust day in my country, and I will be making a visit to Auschwitz tomorrow. This was a special day for me. Hard but very special.... My father, who survived the Holocaust, buried my grandfather with his own hands, so this day always has an extra significance." [/url]
This poignant remembering is part of what must be done to keep alive the facts of yesterday to we do not allow people to be devalued as the people in Auschwitz and thousands of other concentration and slave labor camps. On this forum, using the camera to shine a light on ourselves and what we can do and should not do, what we should protect and what we should oppose.

I know I'm biased because of upbringing, but does anyone really think another sport tugs the heart-strings as much as football?

Why? Wars, Michael! Wars are a need for man! I think it might be because football allows us to excel in athletics, have heros, create battles, have mass adulation but it's all with an inert ball and not with people's heads. In the end, we go home intact, having exercised our emotions and exorcised our hostilities. Then, maybe, we can wait longer for the next necessary war.

Asher