• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The old gal claire

Still hanging around at 14 years of age. I'll have to find one from when we flew her back from florida. By the way the avderage age of a basset is 6-8 years.

5450564325_604ee1bcb7_b.jpg

d90
85mm f1.4
1/250
f1.4
Iso200

5450564331_82d74ff285_b.jpg

d90
85mm f1.4
1/250
f1.4
sio 200​

I figured I'd add something of a similar age, possibly older...
5450564337_9245fa199e_b.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

Thanks for looking,

jake

Jake, your dog is so awesome. And she is magnificently rendered with this beautiful BW, this background... I like specifically the 1st one, because of the non-centered comp, but the two are beautiful... If you had her from a shelter, no doubt you felt for her at first sight. She would make a wonderful model for the animal rescue adverts. Everybody would like to adopt the animals!!!

Jake, your dog is so awesome. And she is magnificently rendered with this beautiful BW, this background... I like specifically the 1st one, because of the non-centered comp, but the two are beautiful... If you had her from a shelter, no doubt you felt for her at first sight. She would make a wonderful model for the animal rescue adverts. Everybody would like to adopt the animals!!!

Thank you for the comments.

She was bought on vavation in florida, by my parents, while on vacation when I was 15. Carried her on my lap on the flight home. She has, for the past 6 years, had two companions to keep her in shape. A Shitzu named nala, and a eskapoo to keep her going strong.

thanks
jake

Charlotte Thompson

Beautiful animal! what a face she has-I have fallen in "love"
you did a fabulous job with the photography!!!!
I hope you have these framed-

Charlotte-

Beautiful animal! what a face she has-I have fallen in "love"
you did a fabulous job with the photography!!!!
I hope you have these framed-

Charlotte-

Thank you for the kind comments. I plan on framing one or both for my mother. I do wonder how these could look with a skilled hand in PP. Someday I'll learn the finishing touches.

Thanks
Jake

I do wonder how these could look with a skilled hand in PP. Someday I'll learn the finishing touches.

Honestly IMHO you don't always need to push up the PP. Not in this case, at least. The only thing I could think of, is enhancing the fur detail, but I'm not even sure....