• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A superb wedding album

I thought of sharing with you our superb wedding album which we make entirely in our lab in "Fotometria". We do share that with other photographers, but it's a limited production album, (we can only make 200 annually from which we need about 100 for our own customers) printed in fine art semi matte paper and then laminated with cold, matte lamination. The wooden cover, has real painting and the 20 60x40cm salons (40 pages of 30x40cm each) version costs 350euro (inc. VAT) (+16 euro for each additional salon up to 30).
http://www.fotometriawedding.gr/gr/page/index/11
Thanks for looking.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I thought of sharing with you our superb wedding album which we make entirely in our lab in "Fotometria". We do share that with other photographers, but it's a limited production album, (we can only make 200 annually from which we need about 100 for our own customers) printed in fine art semi matte paper and then laminated with cold, matte lamination. The wooden cover, has real painting and the 20 60x40cm salons (40 pages of 30x40cm each) version costs 350euro (inc. VAT) (+16 euro for each additional salon up to 30).
http://www.fotometriawedding.gr/gr/page/index/11
Thanks for looking.....

Theodorus,

What is a salon?

Do you have templates for the inside pages?

Can you show examples of the layouts?

Good to have inches too, as few folk in the use cm, although 10 cm is pretty well 10"!

Asher

Theodorus,

What is a salon?

Good to have inches too, as few folk in the use cm, although 10 cm is pretty well 10"!

Asher
Hi asher, "salon" is what we call the whole 60x40 print which is then creased into two 30x40 pages... Please correct me if I use a wrong term (don't know what the term is in English).
We don't do the design for our pro customers Asher, this is the photographer's responsibility as it should, for our own customers, I use "DG photoart" to design the pages, but we design them from scratch, we don't use any of the available templates... Also, we are not responsible for the final design, we do that,under communication with the customer, because it's his own book and IMO has to be up to his taste! To tell you the truth, I don't like the way that most of our clients prefer the presentation... I would personally prefer a much more photographic approach with less effect filters that the customers usually prefer... but as I said: "it's their book"!
The 60x40 size is equal to 16x24 inches, we use fine art semi-matte paper for the prints, which we then laminate with matte cold photographic lamination, the cover is all handmade with wood which is then painted by one of the artists I do art reproduction for... the cost for the package is 350 Euros (inc.VAT) for 20 salons (40 pages), plus 15 euros for each additional salon... I think the quality of it is amazing... absolute top, it can be a real weapon in the hands of a good photographer to gain customers!

_dsc1143.jpg

_dsc1133.jpg

_dsc1131.jpg

Thanks for asking Asher, the ones that are interest can contact us using the "contact" information in our sites.

Theodorus,

What is a salon?

Asher
I have already replied on the above... but it seems that my answer has vanished! ...can somebody please look into his computer and draw it back to life?

I am glad to inform people in this forum that we have completed the development of our new book alternatively to the above mentioned one!
This new book, is ENTIRELY PRINTED ON 350gr. double varnished FINE ART CANVAS... I will be posting pictures the following days after we will have the prototype's pictures loaded on our website. Thanks, Theodoros.

Sorry for the delay, but I think the result will please many... This album will be made in 35x35, 30x40 and 40x40cm (2.5cm=1inch). It can either be double varnished or not, the double varnished version (much more expensive) pages will resist water... We use different printing profiles for the double varnished version than the non varnished one (although the canvas is the same 350gr fine art type) to ensure the same tones/contrast presentation, the profiles are the same absolute profiles that we use to print art reproduction in which we specialize in our studio.

_dsc7823.jpg

_dsc7801.jpg