• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

2 sides of the same coin

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Meet Nevayah Liquala Ormond, great grand daughter to 'Poppa Tom'.

This is breakfast time just before I take her to school. We discuss the news, share the latest jokes and generally make a mess.

_DSC1439 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

This is another side to her. Introspective, thoughtful, powerfully insightful.

_DSC1516 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi Antonio.
Thanks for dropping by.
I have to say, I could have taken the shot through shite covered toilet paper and rendered the shot with vermilion and it would still be perfect. This shot has nothing to do with what others think; it's about my immense love for my great grand daughter. Every conceivable cell in my body is consumed with devotion when I am with her. She and I are mates. It pains both of us when we are separated. She is the reason I get out of bed each day.
Possibly, the photos are to remind each of us that aesthetics and technical correctness or the opinions of others is a long second place to the connections a photographer has to his subject.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

When I saw the post with those precious pix of Nevayah, I wanted to tell you just how wondrous they were, how your take on the contrast between the two was so apt.

But Carla and I were just rushing out the door to get to an important meeting.

We're back now.

That's all.

Best regards,

Doug

Jarmo Juntunen

I have to say, I could have taken the shot through shite covered toilet paper and rendered the shot with vermilion and it would still be perfect. This shot has nothing to do with what others think; it's about my immense love for my great grand daughter. Every conceivable cell in my body is consumed with devotion when I am with her. She and I are mates. It pains both of us when we are separated. She is the reason I get out of bed each day.
Possibly, the photos are to remind each of us that aesthetics and technical correctness or the opinions of others is a long second place to the connections a photographer has to his subject.

I couldn't agree more. This is true especially with pictures of one's own family. They don't have to mean anything to anyone else but the photographer. So why do we keep sharing pictures of our children or grand children? Because we are so damn proud of them, that's why. Nice pictures, Tom. I like them, not that it matters.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom,

The love you document is earned by being open and giving the attention needed to another person. Between the old and the young it becomes an I breakable bond and reference that will last the younger person's life time! So you are blessed with Nevayah!

To understand the essential humanity of a person, one doesn't need a battery of expert testing - Just the sight of an old man captivated with his infant offspring, both of them talking garbled nonsense and dripping saliva from the side of the mouth, but lost and consumed in a world of mutual interest and delight.

You were fortunate to meet her well before your verbal skill start to fade!

When I see this, I am rewarded as this the the closing of the circle of absolute love!

Asher

Last edited:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Absolutely, Asher.
Absolutely.
Only this afternoon Christine pointed out to me that I took Nevayah's shoes off as she entered the house.
"She should be doing that for herself" she demanded, as Great grand mothers go. "What are you teaching her? " she continued, still deep in her great grandmother voice.
"I'm teaching her that her great grandfather will do anything for her, even take her shoes off, as I would with yours."
"You're hopeless," she sighed.
"Yes" I admitted.

Jerome Marot

Great grand daughter? Really? So you have a grand daughter of child bearing age? And a daughter who is a grandmother herself?

How many great grand parents does Nevayah have?