• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Aplux Tripper storage unit and FAT32 CF cards

D

Doug Kerr

Hi, Gang,

A few years ago I purchased an Aplux Tripper storage unit and equipped it with a 40 GB HDD. It gave good service.

I haven't used it in a couple of years. Since then, I have introduced 2 GB CF cards into my operation, which are of course formatted with the FAT32 file allocation system.

In a recent attempt to use the Tripper with one of these cards, it gives me an error message in the usual inscrutable syntax: "CF card format is different". I assume this means it doesn't read FAT 32 cards.

Does any one know if there is a firmware update for this unit that would allow it to read FAT32 CF cards? The unit's manufacturer seems to have gone AWOL.

Thanks.

Ray West

Hi Doug,

There seems to be little known about the Aplux. However, could you not format your 2GB cards in fat16, or is it a camera thing?

Best wishes,

Ray

D

Doug Kerr

Hi, Sean,

Thanks for the great link - a loit of info on other machines as well.

Best regards,

Doug

D

Doug Kerr

Hi, Ray,

Ray West said:
There seems to be little known about the Aplux. However, could you not format your 2GB cards in fat16, or is it a camera thing?

I fact I can, and I might go that route.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug