• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Melissa Fashion with a little twist.

Model : Melissa Houben
MUA : Linda Rutgers (beautyfx)
Assistant : Wendy Appelman
Photographer : Frank Doorhof

Melissa_19_Maart_2010_168v2.jpg

Melissa_19_Maart_2010_190v2.jpg

Melissa_19_Maart_2010_165v2.jpg

MvrGr.
Frank

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Model : Melissa Houben
MUA : Linda Rutgers (beautyfx)
Assistant : Wendy Appelman
Photographer : Frank Doorhof

Melissa_19_Maart_2010_168v2.jpg

Frank,

The pictures are each rich and this one is better looked at alone.This one works as an art piece in that it captures our interest, raises questions but we have to find new answers each time we visit. Good job! This is not just a successful lighting exercise but something I'd love to have a big rich print of.

I like the lighting of her face, however, I wonder if you could release some of the darker tones of her hat and the rest of her body so we can get more of a dimensional presence of her. At present, the way your fine image shows up on my LCD screen, does not do justice to it. So could you make us a version that's a tad less concealing in the darkest areas. We only need to see a faint representation of the edges and folds, but it could be stronger, I believe.

If you printed it, then this wouldn't be a problem as you would immediately see what everyone else could find in the dark shades and it would either be good enough or you'd correct it. Showing darker images on the web is a little more risky!

Asher

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Frank

I have been scrolling back and forth between these for a while looking at them all, they're all captivating, portraiture is not my thing, but I know what I like and these are wonderful! weird - yet witty & striking. I love the use of feathers for her hair, and even the strange make-up works. Inspirational stuff as always, thank you for sharing them with us.

Thanks Janet,

@Asher,
They are VERY dark around the shadows that's 100% right, when I light them up some of the "power" is gone and you get a more flat image which I don't like in this case to be honest.

It's my more darker side :D

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Frank,

This has turned out to be a great shoot it seems and your lighting and pp are impeccable as always. I love all of them but the third one is interesting in the sense that it makes me think of Alice in Wonderland gone wrong. The first image is the best of the series though, as Asher has noted before. Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers,