• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Snow Globe - Critique Required

Matt Halstead

Hi guys,

Just finished this shot which is to be used on an album cover:

4524472122_c4f14ced9f_b.jpg

Would appreciate your thoughts before issuing to the client.

Many thanks,

Hi Matt,

Looks like a very good album cover. Of course I cannot comment on the subject choice because I don't know the customer's briefing, but I can see there are a number of subtle features incorporated in the image. This is a carefully constructed image with lots of attention for detail (small things like the plasters). The contrast between the grungy and fairy atmosphere is interesting.

Cheers,
Bart

Matt Halstead

Hi Matt,

Looks like a very good album cover. Of course I cannot comment on the subject choice because I don't know the customer's briefing, but I can see there are a number of subtle features incorporated in the image. This is a carefully constructed image with lots of attention for detail (small things like the plasters). The contrast between the grungy and fairy atmosphere is interesting.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks Bart, your comments are appreciated.

Ruben Alfu

Hi Matt,

I like it very much. Strong concept, eye-catching graphics. Evidently a technically demanding creative piece and it shows no blemishes (except for the poor man´s fingers!).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi guys,

Just finished this shot which is to be used on an album cover:

Many thanks,

4524472122_c4f14ced9f_b.jpg

Matt Halstead: Album Cover

This pictures is special in that it's not just designed to be an eye-catcher, but likely relates to some actual defined and significant concept in the songs of the album. As Bart points out, the Band-Aid "plasters" are included, not by accident but by design. The hand is more sharply defined than the figures inside the globe. Now I do not know the songs and how the importance of each component, but I would like to suggest that the figures are increased in brightness for them to come alive more, unless that goes against the thematic paths the client needs.

It could be, for example, that the hand, wounded from previous attempts to rekindle and old flame of romance, has been injured, hence the plasters. In that case, enhancing the figures in the globe might not be helpful...or not?

Asher