• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Speeding ticket

nyschulte

Hi,

This happens when the intervall timer waits for AF to kick in :)

66343540.CJFarVAH.jpg

Regards,
Nicolas Y Schulté

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love it. Perfect. Is this someone acting? This does convey the feeling and reaction I have had!

Wow! What was the real story?

If that was not the real story, and the person does not know, you might have to change the title as its publication might be protested as being wrong.

No problems, let me know and we can easily edit the title. :)

Again.

Asher

Don Lashier

Asher Kelman said:
I love it. Perfect. Is this someone acting? This does convey the feeling and reaction I have had!
Asher, I believe that's Nic himself, waiting and wondering why the self timer didn't fire, then caught in the act of investigating. It's happened to me too - finally just had my wife snap the shutter. Perhaps this belongs in the "accidental self-portrait thread" ;)

- DL

Asher Kelman

I have been studying the legal issue of photography, not to be a alwyer, of course, just to know a little more. It is dangerous to use a title for a picture of someone else that might be reasonably construed as damaging to them. Reportage, in itself, as I understand it, is relaitvely well protected.

I have to at least ask, so that we can do the right thing!

Still it's a wonderful shot, even if its the timer!

Asher

nyschulte

Asher,
As Don mentionned it is myself waiting for the camera to do it's magic :)

This is a 'feature of the Nikon D200 when taking timed pictures: it waits for the subject to be in focus before taking the first shoot. After this the timer kicks in and the series starts.

The idea behind this picture was to test the studio lighting and i was the only person at hand, so i kind of volunteered. As this was not the first trial in the process, i got somehow obset by the way the camera works. This is why i tried some funny poses, not thinking about the possible effects.

As i was caught in the middle of the action (of 'posing' ) i made the analogy with the person flashed for speeding.

As it is sometimes more difficult to find an appropriated title than taking the picture itself, i have yet another aspect to learn :)

This picture is THE keeper of an afternoon's testing and everyone who has seen the picture agrees with you, Asher.

Nicolas

Asher Kelman

Great,

I'm now comforted, Nicolas! although we're not censored, I have to keep my eye out for things that can get people into trouble. If there's a street shot and one adds a demeaning title, then that might be construed as libel if published as such. If the newspaper add the title without the knowledge and consent of the photographer, then it appears from my reading that the photographer is in the clear, although the newspaper or website might be at risk.

Just a good thing to know. However, you can lie about yourself if you wish!

Let's have more from the D200. Marvelous focus trick! I wonder whether canons do that with the self-timer, why not?

Asher