• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Don't Forget

fahim mohammed

p2759091998-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

It took a while!

But it is an excellent stratagem: to

1. Give no title and have us investigate the scene as if we had landed from a parachute to a new world.

2. Give a title that is obscure, such as, "Cemented Pebbles" which could conjure up as fixed state of limitations, a safe surface to walk and commence Alice's journey and so many other ideas one's mind discovers.

3. Provide, (as you have here), a "title", buried in a shadow of a seemingly "unimportant" part of the picture. This "text" becomes our first surprise. We are now put on notice that we have "work to do" to really approach the meaning of the photograph. Next, one has the job of exploring your intended meanings related to the apparent primary subjects, the two young girls, together on a long bare village street, "frozen in time".

This use of a title to a picture is such a great idea as it forces us to think, far better than either

1. Giving us an exactly documentary title

Or

2. Insisting that

"A picture must speak for itself!"

Which itself has never impressed me as either generous or useful!

Asher

fahim mohammed

James, thank you for stopping by.

' where life will take them '?

Good question. We can talk about possibilities or probabilities. I prefer probabilities. With that in mind, I have been very cynical in my old age. And am not very optimistic.

Sad, but I base it on what I see in these times.

Take care.

A wonderful capture and great portrait. I wonder where life will take them?

James

fahim mohammed

Thank you Mr. Kelman.

I made the image. Fahim titled it on posting.

We both, Fahim and I, agree that it is the most poignant image made during my trip.

Thank you for your interest in the image.

It took a while!

But it is an excellent stratagem: to

1. Give no title and have us investigate the scene as if we had landed from a parachute to a new world.

2. Give a title that is obscure, such as, "Cemented Pebbles" which could conjure up as fixed state of limitations, a safe surface to walk and commence Alice's journey and so many other ideas one's mind discovers.

3. Provide, (as you have here), a "title", buried in a shadow of a seemingly "unimportant" part of the picture. This "text" becomes our first surprise. We are now put on notice that we have "work to do" to really approach the meaning of the photograph. Next, one has the job of exploring your intended meanings related to the apparent primary subjects, the two young girls, together on a long bare village street, "frozen in time".

This use of a title to a picture is such a great idea as it forces us to think, far better than either

1. Giving us an exactly documentary title

Or

2. Insisting that

"A picture must speak for itself!"

Which itself has never impressed me as either generous or useful!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Thank you Mr. Kelman.

I made the image. Fahim titled it on posting.

We both, Fahim and I, agree that it is the most poignant image made during my trip.

Thank you for your interest in the image.

What the selfish dismiss is that these not ourselves are our only future! If your children don't treasure my own, then there's no hope!

p2759091998-6.jpg

When we teach compassion and treasure just these two, we start to heal the world!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Ayesha,

You are holding up a lantern for us to see the world we have come to dominate. What you show is not merely poignant but has the paradox of being both wonderful and frightening at the same time.

We realize that sometimes, we merely just pass by with a smile hoping that somehow, molecules of gentle insurrection will bring about change for the better!

Asher