• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wall, Tree, Crane

Bob Rogers

DSC_0575_zps0d7e8408.jpg

Wall, Tree, Crane
Bob Rogers

The wall is the National Gallery in Washington DC. They are doing work on the stone. The way the shadow of the crane interacted with the tree appealed to me. I "fixed" the perspective in photoshop, though perhaps not quite enough.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bill,

The pink color with grey and the three 3 elements you assembled are attractive. This would be an excellent addition to the thread on diagonals. Here, by itself, the open space below the crane makes it seem incomplete, whereas with neighbors in the collection where diagonals are the connecting motif, this picture has no such drawback.

Asher

Sam Hames

I really like the contrast between the wall/tree/bricks, it's very nicely balanced and really enjoyable to see the different elements overlaid like that. I like that you've left the bottom 'empty' because if there were anything else there you wouldn't focus on the wall as an integral element of the composition.

You might want to pull that bottom left corner down a little more in correcting the perspective; the line of bricks isn't horizontal there and gets cut off. I think it would improve the contrast between the geometry of the wall and the other elements if you straighten that up. (at least for me, I don't think a lot of people would necessarily notice....)

Sam

Antonio Correia

Bob, have you considered to flip the image horizontally ?

The crane would be up in the sense of reading... Sometimes it does help to the power of the image :)