• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Indian Woman

Peter Dexter

At the village fair in Trujillo.

38678044951_e764b13615_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
At the village fair in Trujillo.

38678044951_e764b13615_b.jpg

Peter,

She catches our attention with her look straight at us and even her wispy hair standing up above her head is in sharp focus, working to separate her from the lively young folk, softly drawn in the bg.

This is a particularly enticing photograph. She stands out so well! I am looking on my iPhone 6+ screen so I cannot look up the EXIF data and see how you shot it, but presumably untouched could use a wide aperture and at least a 50 mm lens.

For printing, would you consider changes in the bg lighting or the corners or it’s done?

Asher

Peter Dexter

Thank you. Sure I would consider changes but don't plan to print it.

The shooting information: f2, 1/1600, ISO 640 with Zeiss Batis 85 1.8 on Sony a6000.

Asher Kelman

Thank you. Sure I would consider changes but don't plan to print it.

The shooting information: f2, 1/1600, ISO 640 with Zeiss Batis 85 1.8 on Sony a6000.

You should as it’s very strong and admirable. Also it would do well in B& W!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Thanks for your comment. I know converting one's images to black and white is very popular now but it is not at all for me.

Asher Kelman

Thanks for your comment. I know converting one's images to black and white is very popular now but it is not at all for me.

Peter,

Funny you should say, “converting”! I grew up with B&W as the base normal, for certain primary photography character. Color was the area of special bravery!

Now it seems that color is “normal”. But in the language of classic photography, the razzmatazz of color adding artificial attention and emotion, is studiously omitted. We are left with pure form, texture, dimensiality and composition beneath the paint of color, (especially artificial and competing garish colors of modern man).

But I do see your point of view. The color is now the “normal” and B&W is perhaps anemic or an artifact to be used to rescue a failure!

Still, your lady will look toward us and capture our attention in any form of expression you choose. The content of the image, not anything to do with its presentation is already what makes the picture so unique and successful, to my eyes, at least!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Thank you Roshni. Asher interesting commentary. I came in to this world equipped with a fine set of cone cells and I like to exercise them. There really isn't anything "modern" about bright, garish colors.They have existed in flowers and birds and probably dinosaurs long before we became a species.