• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Digital Processing Issues and Fixes: Topaz Gigapixel 2.0 released: 5x faster

As expected, Topaz is continuing to improve A.I. Gigapixel with the new version (2.0.0) making a huge breakthrough in performance. See my tests here.

Topaz says, "Using GPU mode is now 5x faster! With some optimizations to the GPU processing in A.I. Gigapixel, we've improved the speed of processing by around 5x on full-size images (it scales based on the size of your image, so a small image might be 3x) with the same 1-2 million calculations per pixel and the same amazing results."

People who have tried Gigapixel have mentioned the unsurpassed quality of the results, but also the loooooong time it took to get them. So this new speed boost is welcome news.

New Features:
•Improved processing speed increased up to 5X

Bug Fixes:
•Made Cancel terminate processing immediate and clears the image list

•Note: Topaz is not promoting a coupon code or discount for A.I. Gigapixel but see my blog post to save 15% off the retail price (this discount also applies to ALL Topaz products). The latest update is FREE for existing users, as per Topaz's longstanding policy for all of its software.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hmmm
They did not renew the trial period, one could have imagine with a completely new version…
Anyway my AMD Macpro video card is still unsupported… :(

OK, Topaz says they can't reset the trials since it's the same product, but if you purchase and are unsatisfied, they can refund you within 15 days, no questions asked.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
OK, Topaz says they can't reset the trials since it's the same product, but if you purchase and are unsatisfied, they can refund you within 15 days, no questions asked.

Thanks for your effort Mike, well noted, but I'll wait so they provide a sw compliant with my MacPro or an hypothetic day when I'll change for a new "working" machine…

Are you talking about the cheesegrater or garbage can Mac Pro (funny descriptions I know!)? I suppose it would be easier to change cards in the former if you were so inclined.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Are you talking about the cheesegrater or garbage can Mac Pro (funny descriptions I know!)? I suppose it would be easier to change cards in the former if you were so inclined.

It’s easier with the “Garbage Can” late 2013 style grey cylinder Mac Pro as it has Thunderbolt 2. You can connect an accessory Thunderbolt enclosure for a secondary pro class graphics card.

Akitio is an example.

Asher

Hmmm
They did not renew the trial period, one could have imagine with a completely new version…
Anyway my AMD Macpro video card is still unsupported… :(

Hi Nicolas,

My video card is also not supported but, with the new user selectable switch for using the CPU if the GPU is not working, I have not experienced any issues (other than it being slower than possible with GPU).

As for the increase in speed, I do not notice a significant difference, but that may be due to my mostly using the CPU instead of the GPU.

The earlier addition of 3 different sets (None / Moderate / Strong) of neural networks for Blur and Noise removal, that really allows getting very good results on the None setting for blur removal, assuming that the source image was sharp, to begin with.

Cheers,
Bart