• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I got juried in!

Jean Henderson

I am highly honored and humbled to announce that two of my images were selected to be in the Connecticut Women Artists, Inc.'s upcoming juried show at the Slater Memorial Museum in Norwich, CT.

It has been a dream of mine for several years to acheive this but I had never before entered.

The CWA's mission is "to foster and promote interest in the visual arts by women artists in Connecticut; to maintain the highest possible standards of achievement among said women; to provide exhibitions and other opportunities which encourage and are conducive to high artistic endeavor."

My images were made on this past Solstice and two days after the solstice, respectively. The two images that were chosen are:

Three%20Roses%20and%20a%20Bud%20copyJean%20Henderson_zps7tnym5f2.jpg

"Three Roses and a Bud" by Jean Henderson

"A Touch of Monet" by Jean Henderson​

Thanks for looking. Enjoy!

Jean

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jean,

I am highly honored and humbled to announce that two of my images were selected to be in the Connecticut Women Artists, Inc.'s upcoming juried show at the Slater Memorial Museum in Norwich, CT.

That is great news! We are so proud of you.

My images were made on this past Solstice and two days after the solstice, respectively. The two images that were chosen are:

"A Touch of Monet" by Jean Henderson​

Lovely work in two very different milieux.

Thanks, and again congratulations.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Jean,

I keep returning to this for its beauty and also fascination with why it still works when it exits the frame on the right! That tiny red bud give as great point of contrast, reference and interest. Surprisingly one of the blossoms is cyan-green -tinged. Fascinating and almost as if you had sent the picture to Maggie Terlecki, in Canada, for processing!! This provides and extra but so subtle variation that is simply so feminine and delightful.

I would have been prejudiced to think that the right portion, close to the right lower corner, would, at least be out of focus, but it's pretty clear.

So why does it work? Well the central subject is something presented to be treasured. That is done well. Perhaps the right lower corner is to add the element of "connection" to something valuable that is otherwise capable of floating away and bring lost?

Asher

Jean Henderson

Jean,

I keep returning to this for its beauty and also fascination with why it still works when it exits the frame on the right! That tiny red bud give as great point of contrast, reference and interest. Surprisingly one of the blossoms is cyan-green -tinged. Fascinating and almost as if you had sent the picture to Maggie Terlecki, in Canada, for processing!! This provides and extra but so subtle variation that is simply so feminine and delightful.

Wow Asher! That is a high compliment that it might have been sent to Maggie for processing! Thank you kindly.

I would have been prejudiced to think that the right portion, close to the right lower corner, would, at least be out of focus, but it's pretty clear.

So why does it work? Well the central subject is something presented to be treasured. That is done well. Perhaps the right lower corner is to add the element of "connection" to something valuable that is otherwise capable of floating away and bring lost?

Asher

Your guess is probably better than mine as to why it "works". Remember, I lack formal training, but my guess is that it is a bit darker so that it recedes a bit from the other roses. And, of course, it is only partially there.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Thank you again, Asher.

Jean

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Keep sharing your work, then we we all get stimulated and learn new things!

Asher

Last edited:

Jean Henderson

Thank you so much Maggie! Did you see Asher's comment that it looked like you could have processed them! That is a high compliment in my book.

Jean