• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Caviar!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Today I had a shoot (happens 2 to 4 times per year) for the Michelin starred chef Nicolas Magie.

There is no cheating, it's real food, no paint, varnish and the like as often.
So I can eat each plate when shot :) Today was 10 dishes + 3 desserts! I could not eat them all, but I can assure it was delicious…

A pentax 645 Z + 90 mm, 55 mm and 120 mm, two led panels and a flash light mounted on the camera and… day light was what I needed!

23380355_1952721164966554_959199340140077109_n.jpg

23316257_1952797711625566_7920266588886672103_n.jpg

The set-up​

Then when it was finished, with the Chef we "played" with a spoon of caviar…

Caviar_NCZ6114-Caviar-1500px.jpg

With a 120 mm macro​

fahim mohammed

Wonderful!

But the glass should have some bubbly in it, no? I shall wash down the caviar and oysters with coke!

Regards.

nicolas claris

Wonderful!

But the glass should have some bubbly in it, no? I shall wash down the caviar and oysters with coke!

Regards.

Ah! The glass had been filled with some good Saint-Emillion, then emptied ;)
The plate just beside is in fact my lunch served by the chef while I was shooting from early morning…

But please, my friend, no coke with caviar! Water! sparkling or plain : ) or even tea (no sugar), that might be a good choice…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ah! The glass had been filled with some good Saint-Emillion, then emptied ;)
The plate just beside is in fact my lunch served by the chef while I was shooting from early morning…

But please, my friend, no coke with caviar! Water! sparkling or plain : ) or even tea (no sugar), that might be a good choice…

I think the plain tea might go best as the caviar has a lot of salt.

But what about Saint-Emillion? How sugary can that be, or is it dry?

These insufferable ignorant Americans!!!

Asher

nicolas claris

I think the plain tea might go best as the caviar has a lot of salt.

But what about Saint-Emillion? How sugary can that be, or is it dry?

These insufferable ignorant Americans!!!

Asher

:)

The glass of wine was not for the caviar but for the dish that the Chef prepared for me to eat (was roasted veal)
Personally I would go for Vodka with caviar

To the "These insufferable ignorant Americans!!!": Saint-Emillion is ALWAYS "dry".

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
:)

The glass of wine was not for the caviar but for the dish that the Chef prepared for me to eat (was roasted veal)
Personally I would go for Vodka with caviar

To the "These insufferable ignorant Americans!!!": Saint-Emillion is ALWAYS "dry".

I suspected that! I couldn't imagine anything sweet with caviar. But it does show my lack of refined upbringing! Who would have believed, way back, when I grew up in London, that an Englishmen would look to France for taste and class!

Asher

Today I had a shoot (happens 2 to 4 times per year) for the Michelin starred chef Nicolas Magie.....
....Then when it was finished, with the Chef we "played" with a spoon of caviar…

Caviar_NCZ6114-Caviar-1500px.jpg

With a 120 mm macro​

The most delicious caviar picture ever! But is it upside down? Because my view cameras always show an upside down image on the ground glass I get habituated into flipping pictures in the mind's eye. Either way, still tasty.

nicolas claris

The most delicious caviar picture ever! But is it upside down? Because my view cameras always show an upside down image on the ground glass I get habituated into flipping pictures in the mind's eye. Either way, still tasty.

Hi Maris,
Thanks!
The caviar was moulded in a spoon then delicately dropped on a plate, this is why you may think that it is upside down (due to the spoon shape).
What you see is upside up : )