• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Molina's relays - the centennial

Doug Kerr

E C Molina of what was to become Bell Telephone Laboratories made gigantic contributions to the application of statistical mathematical theory to the area of telephone traffic engineering.

But to me his most beloved contribution was the development of an elegant "modular" relay circuit for counting pulses in telephone switching systems, done in perhaps 1911.

We see it here as the subject behind a piece of my own art.

molina_cell_01b.gif

Douglas A. Kerr: One cell of a Molina counting chain - 2011
Medium: digital, vector, Micrografx Designer 8.0​

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
E C Molina of what was to become Bell Telephone Laboratories made gigantic contributions to the application of statistical mathematical theory to the area of telephone traffic engineering.

But to me his most beloved contribution was the development of an elegant "modular" relay circuit for counting pulses in telephone switching systems, done in perhaps 1911.

We see it here as the subject behind a piece of my own art.

molina_cell_01b.gif

Douglas A. Kerr: One cell of a Molina counting chain - 2011
Medium: digital, vector, Micrografx Designer 8.0​

Best regards,

Doug

Yes, Doug,

It's handsome! Reminds me of Alexandre Calder

home_bioimg.jpg

Calder in his Paris studio, 14 Rue de la Colonie, fall 1931. Photograph by Marc Vaux

Asher