• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Untitled

Zeeshan Ali

I watch it go down in oblivion,
Leaving me in the shivering cold of night.
But oh I know god’s routine,
The promise he made to me!
I wait patiently for it to rise from darkness,
In hope for it to shine upon me,
Bestowing me with strength to live through my sordid life,
Only to witness the cycle repeat endless times.
I need all the warmth I can get,
For I too shall disappear in oblivion one night!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Have child and you will never vanish into oblivion!

Asher

Asher Kelman

You'll have to explain that Asher.

Zeeshan,

Life continues with the collected and accumulated poetry and wisdom from one generation to the next. When I was looking through the nursery window at my newborn firstborn son, another new father said "I look at my son and think, I can make him a great football player!" Then he asked me,"Man, when you look at your son, what's the first thing that floods your mind, tell me!"

At which I replied, without hesitation but to his complete consternation, "Now I can die!"

Asher

Andy brown

Asher, I know what you're saying and I hope I'm ready to take death anytime and say "I had a great life" but gee I would love a decade or so as a Grandaddy.

Andy brown

Very interesting photo Zeeshan.
I would have seen then scene and walked right on by but you created something special.
Well done.

Life continues with the collected and accumulated poetry and wisdom from one generation to the next. When I was looking through the nursery window at my newborn firstborn son, another new father said "I look at my son and think, I can make him a great football player!" Then he asked me,"Man, when you look at your son, what's the first thing that floods your mind, tell me!"

At which I replied, without hesitation but to his complete consternation, "Now I can die!"

Asher

Asher, your reply neglects kin selection, considered by most biologists to be the predominant model for human evolution. A better reply would be: "When my children have children, then I can die".

Cheers
Mike

fahim mohammed

Asher, my good friend, what if your firstborn had been a ' daughter '? Would you have been sad? Not having someone to carry your name...your lineage? Such primitive tribal instincts? I, too, know of many such Tribes!! Let's compare notes :)

Stranger still, that there exist some tribes which believe that maternal relationships have far ' greater importance' than paternal ones. Is that not so?

Three of the undisputed well-known personalities of mankind either did not have a male child to carry on the lineage or the lineage of their male offspring/s is lost. None of these three is remembered because of their ' sons '.

One of these three men was taunted, ridiculed and made
fun of...the tribe laughed at him; because he did not leave
behind a male offspring to carry his name. ' your name shall
be forgotten, once you are dead' they taunted.
That was about 1400 years ago.

My eldest son is named Mohammed.

p.s. One dies, when the time comes.
A famous person wanted to take his sons along with
him to save them from a catastrophe. He was told to
leave them behind...because they were not of ' him '.

Zeeshan Ali

Zeeshan,

Asher

I am actually bewildered by your comment. I couldn't have imagined anyone thinking that about the photograph and the poem.

I do want to say that I am a father and a have beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am not sure if you meant it as a taunt when you said "Have child and you will never vanish into oblivion!". It was quite presumptuous of you to bring that up in such a manner.

To respond to your explanation, I feel it is utterly selfish of a man to say "Now I can Die!" looking at their firstborn. To relieve yourself from the responsibility to bring up your child is not only selfish but possibly even a crime. Of course you didn't die and I'm sure you took care of your son, so why the comment?

Asher Kelman

Asher, my good friend, what if your firstborn had been a ' daughter '? Would you have been sad? Not having someone to carry your name...your lineage? Such primitive tribal instincts? I, too, know of many such Tribes!! Let's compare notes :)

Stranger still, that there exist some tribes which believe that maternal relationships have far ' greater importance' than paternal ones. Is that not so?

Three of the undisputed well-known personalities of mankind either did not have a male child to carry on the lineage or the lineage of their male offspring/s is lost. None of these three is remembered because of their ' sons '.

One of these three men was taunted, ridiculed and made
fun of...the tribe laughed at him; because he did not leave
behind a male offspring to carry his name. ' your name shall
be forgotten, once you are dead' they taunted.
That was about 1400 years ago.

My eldest son is named Mohammed.

p.s. One dies, when the time comes.
A famous person wanted to take his sons along with
him to save them from a catastrophe. He was told to
leave them behind...because they were not of ' him '.

We refused ultrasound to tell us whether we were to expect a boy or a girl. I would welcome either child as a great gift and feel exactly the same thrill, privilege, joy and satisfaction.

In fact, likely as not, even more so, for as you might know, for centuries, it has been only the mother who counts in our tribal inheritance of "Jewishness".

Asher

fahim mohammed

Mr. Ali, I am sure that Asher can and shall respond to your comment directed towards him.

I feel that I should make one comment, for the record. I have not met Asher personally. However, Asher and I ( excuse me if I should have written ' me ' instead ) understand each other thru ( grammar and English again!) extensive conversations on this forum; both in public and in private.

I can definitely state that Asher did not mean to ' taunt ' you in his response. He is not that sort of person.

No, I don't ( don't have to ) kiss anyone's ass ( or is it arse in proper English ?. )

Best regards.

Asher Kelman

I am actually bewildered by your comment. I couldn't have imagined anyone thinking that about the photograph and the poem.

I do want to say that I am a father and a have beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am not sure if you meant it as a taunt when you said "Have child and you will never vanish into oblivion!". It was quite presumptuous of you to bring that up in such a manner.

To respond to your explanation, I feel it is utterly selfish of a man to say "Now I can Die!" looking at their firstborn. To relieve yourself from the responsibility to bring up your child is not only selfish but possibly even a crime. Of course you didn't die and I'm sure you took care of your son, so why the comment?

I believe in the next generation as being the most important. I do not care whether it is Fahim's child or mine or yours. I will do my best to help any child within my reach. That I have done all my life.

I feel a kinship with the success of other people's families and am optimistic that our society would give a measure of opportunity to my children, (albeit with some tribulations), but even without me, as our society values the young and nurtures them. Obviously there are plenty of families that are not reached and suffer.

Your mention of oblivion caused an eruption of feelings that are related to my own culture. It may seem preposterous to you, (and I regret that), but your poem moved me and I reacted naturally.

You write poetry with emotive words such as "Oblivion", which is bereft of hope, rescue, fulfillment and salvation and then show surprise and outrage that someone reacts so differently to your own original poetic intent. That's the special thing about words in your thoughts. You can constrain them, but once exported, they will be impacted by whatever currents are flowing in other people's minds. All words have connotations and myriads of contexts. Here we experienced the term "oblivion" in different ways.

I can see you did not mean to convey anything but the sun hiding, but you used a "nuclear option", a wasteland from which there is likely no return, namely being lost to infinity in "oblivion"!

That is what I reacted to!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi zeehan
An interesting quip in your poem. The way things are often conjure thoughts of fate and beliefs. Imagery can do that as well. When they are brought together in a poetic manner, the meaning is intensified for you can direct somewhat, the thoughts of the viewer, from their own whims and wisdom to that of your own intended purpose.
Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. The more resistant thinker will find their own agenda. This can pass a cloud over the very intent for which you presents your litany.

I get your intent. Simple and clear.
No children were born as a result of this post.

Asher Kelman

In short, I believe you will not disappear into oblivion one night, Zeeshan! If you use your gifts well, and no doubt you do and you and your family raise your son, the torch will be passed and you will never die. That is my belief and blessing for you!

I hope you do not still find this preposterous. Even if God forbid you vanished, you would live on in the miracle of a child!

Asher

Zeeshan Ali

I am at a clear disadvantage for not being on the forum long enough to understand some of the humor. So Mr. Fahim, I believe you when you say Asher didn't mean to taunt me.

Asher; I understand your point of view about kinship and the importance of next generation. You interpreted the poem in very different light almost on its own merit without taking into account the photograph. That's what took me by surprise and confusion. I write the words looking at the photograph and not the other way around. Almost all what I write is a literal interpretation of the visual as if its an exercise in storytelling. You may argue that only I could interpret it the way I did but for you to continue suggesting that I, Zeeshan Ali, will not vanish into oblivion is perplexing to me as this is where you are again tying the words to me personally. I hoped to distance myself from the words.

I would not have been surprised at your comment if I only put up the poem without the visual because then only the words would have been a reference to understanding what I intended. I believe all literature provides an insight into the writer’s mind but its not always about them. I urge you to dissect my words for what they are in conjunction with the image. It may reduce the impact for sure but that’s how I intend it to be. I can’t predict what someone is going to think looking at my photos and reading the poems, but I am here and would be more than happy to answer questions about my motif.

PS: I will give you benefit of the doubt for not having looked at a lot my work especially which has corresponding poems. I tend to write darker poetry and try to leave it at that. Perhaps it is in my benefit to share some more of it.

Asher Kelman

Gradually, Zeeshan we can get to know each other. We are all very different. I attempt to read everything that someone I respect writes. Eventually we get to know enough that we even might predict how some will value certain matters over others.

Our common link here is the camera and the fact that we use it as a lantern to shine attention on things that reflect our fascinations with life.

.....and, BTW, I hope you might allow that talking of being lost to "oblivion" might relate to one of the oldest questions our species has tried to answer. One solution is faith, another is one's favorite brew! Despite such attempts, we have to face the risk of our own relative irrelevance.

If you don't risk sharing, then no one makes progress!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Asher, my good friend, what if your firstborn had been a ' daughter '? Would you have been sad? Not having someone to carry your name...your lineage?

I have two children, both female. When it became clear that this was the extent of my offspring, someone asked, "Aren't you sad that your fine old Scottish name will now die out?"

I paid no attention to the notion.

But it turned out that my eldest daughter married a Graham (and took that name) and my younger daughter married a McCallum (and took that name).

And I have only one grandchild, a granddaughter, a Graham.

Yet no one suggested "mourning" for the extinction of my first wife's name, of Ukrainian origin, when we married and she took my name (although her brother, still alive. still carries it, as do his two sons).

And no one suggested mourning for the extinction of the Hungarian name of my first wife's maternal grandmother.

And so forth. This is all an arbitrary creature of the typical (but not universal) Western traditions of naming.

But for example it is easy to draw a gigantic contrast with the practice of Iceland, in which the "last name" is normally either a gender-inflected patronymic or matronymic - derived from the first name of one of the parents. Thus "family names" do not really exist.

Then, entirely separate from the matter of family names, is the matter Asher alluded two, in that in certain "cultures", the inheritance of the cultural identity is (officially) through one gender of ancestor or the other. Among the Cherokee, clan membership is passed through the female line.

Yet of course one's "legacy" does not attach to something as arbitrary as a "family" name.

When my only grandchild (a Graham) was less than a year old, and was visiting our home, I gave her a Western Electric 500D telephone set to play with (imagine that). With the handset out of the cradle, she pressed down one of the switchhook plungers. The two plungers press on a common yoke, and so of course the other one went down. She giggled.

She let the first plunger up, and the second one came up. She giggled.

Then she pushed down on the second plunger, and the first one went down. She giggled.

She let the second plunger up, and the first one came up. She giggled.

Then quickly she turned the set over to see what made that happen. Of course the mechanism was inside, so she couldn't see it. She seemed disappointed.

And I could tell you any number of similar stories. At age two, she had wonderful spatial and kinematic sense. She knew just where a door would swing when closed so she could set her teddy bear just clear of that arc.

The day she was born, a number of us were in her mother's hospital room when the nurse brought her in for her debut. One of the well-wishers said, "Just think of all she will learn".

I said. "I think she knows already."

So was my "legacy", or my "lineage", being transmitted?

That lady today operates a successful restaurant and catering business.

And of course none of their telephones have switchhooks.

Best regards,

Doug

Zeeshan Ali

.....and, BTW, I hope you might allow that talking of being lost to "oblivion" might relate to one of the oldest questions our species has tried to answer. One solution is faith, another is one's favorite brew! Despite such attempts, we have to face the risk of our own relative irrelevance.

Asher

Yes we all strive to be relevant somewhat in our lives. I believe it is particularly harder for artists as they see and feel things differently. It's not just the art that they create but their sensitivity towards certain aspects such as death, fame, love heightens their fear of losing themselves to oblivion. No wonder we have so many young suicides in the music/film industry.

At what point does one finally become totally irrelevant? That may be a difficult question to answer. But I think we all remain somewhat relevant despite what one might believe. There is always faith to hang on to as you suggested but there is almost always at least one person who cares for us and will make us feel relevant.

To bring up your earlier point about importance of next generation, yes we do try our best to transfer knowledge and values to our children and hope that they would respect us for that when they grow up. But you are mixing two separate things here. As physical beings, we pass on our genes to the next generation but as individuals with our own aspirations we struggle throughout our lives to leave some sort of legacy behind either in the form of our art, writings or whatever. Granted for some people especially housewives whose entire life is devoted to bringing up their children and taking care of the home, they would be content that once they die their spirit and teachings will live on in their children. But if you have higher aspirations as most artists do, then you’ll want to be remembered for your work.

PS: I know there are other non-artist folk who would want to leave a legacy behind such as politicians, businessmen and etc. I focused more on the artists because that’s what we are here on this forum. Also I am not sure if my response is relevant to your points but those are just my 2 cents on the subject.

fahim mohammed

Granted for some people especially housewives whose entire life is devoted to bringing up their children and taking care of the home, they would be content that once they die their spirit and teachings will live on in their children. But if you have higher aspirations as most artists do, then you’ll want to be remembered for your work.

' housewife ' ?..

' But if you have higher aspirations as most artists do, then you’ll want to be remembered for your work.'

I did not believe that ' artists ' had higher aspirations than someone who had devoted her ( if shall omit
the ' he ', since I believe you are referring to a female homemaker ) ' entire life ' to bring up her children
and take care of the home.

' they would be content....their spirit and teachings will live on in their children.' For my wife, that would be the greatest legacy to leave behind.

I am sorry, Mr. Ali., you come across to me ( with what you write in this response ) as a person who demeans women,who have chosen by choice or otherwise, to take care of their children and home.

As far as I am concerned, that lifetime of work eclipses any work of art. A proper upbringing, a home full
of human and humane values being passed on to one's own following generation is the ultimate legacy one can leave behind.

Your response, as it relates to ' housewives ' is chauvinistic and contemptible. Again, imho.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Excuse me. I'm just cleaning up the mess I made in the kitchen. I think I choked on some disbelief.

We are way off track here, but since the ideas bubbled to the surface from other life forms, I feel the need to bring evolution up to date.

Firstly, none of this relates to Zeehan's original post which, by the way seemed quite clear and connected.
The agenda of others has been spoken. That seems reasonable.

To stay on safe ground, it might be wise for those who already exist in a world of "Us and Them" not to cast aspersions.

I am known as a 'housewife' by all that know me. I'm proud of that. I'm not suggesting I do much to deserve it but its taken as a complement. I have had no physical or mental adjustment placed on me to get to this point, nor do I need to dress in a particular way or address my 'master' in any particular manner.

The title means nothing except to recognise what I do from time to time. Why, I'm even educated, allowed to drive to the shops unescorted and have my own bank account. And I only wear a hat when its hot.

Zeeshan Ali

' housewife ' ?..

' But if you have higher aspirations as most artists do, then you’ll want to be remembered for your work.'

I did not believe that ' artists ' had higher aspirations than someone who had devoted her ( if shall omit
the ' he ', since I believe you are referring to a female homemaker ) ' entire life ' to bring up her children
and take care of the home.

' they would be content....their spirit and teachings will live on in their children.' For my wife, that would be the greatest legacy to leave behind.

I am sorry, Mr. Ali., you come across to me ( with what you write in this response ) as a person who demeans women,who have chosen by choice or otherwise, to take care of their children and home.

As far as I am concerned, that lifetime of work eclipses any work of art. A proper upbringing, a home full
of human and humane values being passed on to one's own following generation is the ultimate legacy one can leave behind.

Your response, as it relates to ' housewives ' is chauvinistic and contemptible. Again, imho.

Fahim...I don't demean women. And please don't judge me without knowing my background. I didn't say anything derogatory towards women. In our culture a homemaker is called a housewife and it is a very well documented word. In our family women are independent in their decision making and if they choose to work or stay home to take care of children they have all the right in the world to do so. They are respected for who they are as much as men are. Perhaps I should have said "homemaker" to not come across as sexist but excuse my English. I am not a native English speaker but I will not be apologetic for my thought. I refute your accusation.

You may believe whatever you believe and I will not try to prove myself right but I stand firm when I say that artists with real intent have greater aspirations than most people. If it wasn't for that then we wouldn't have a world full of greatest pieces of art or creations. It's not always a good thing. Those same aspirations destroys families as well. It is always a constant struggle to manage expectations between responsibilities at home and one's artistic adventures. I know of one such artist who locks himself up in a room for days just to paint.

I will not disagree that the greatest legacy one can leave behind is a home full of human and humane values and passing on all of that to their children. That to me is a moral responsibility we are born with and I didn't mean to challenge that thought. But we are talking about a handful of souls who go above and beyond in pursuit of their artistic aspirations.

At this point I am not even sure if this discussion is going anywhere or it was necessary at all. But I am done with this thread.

fahim mohammed

"...And please don't judge me without knowing my background...."

Mr.Ali, unfortunately, on an Internet forum, one is limited in understanding the poster's post by what is read and what is understood by the reader's understanding of that which has been posted and read.
Nothing more, and nothing less.

Neither am I a native English language speaker. And neither are a few others. But I can say that most are very proficient in expressing their thoughts in English. And all are educated. But education, on its own, does not equate to being knowledgable. Most on this forum, are not only educated but knowledgeable.

A minuscule percentage of forum members, past and present are not only ignorant about some topics on which they express their pov; but display their badges of ignorance with continuous pride.

Some are also downright hypocrites. Ignorance and hypocrisy is their claim to ' fame '.

You certainly have the right to to your assertions. I support that right, but cannot agree to those that are made in your post.

I stand by my post in response to your contention that homemakers are ' content ' with taking care of their homes and children. Some might be so. Others not. Based on my experience, most homemakers also have other ambitions and aspirations. Some of them have strived hard to manage both. But their aspirations, whether given a chance to be realized or not, are not any less worthy of respect and recognition than any other ' artist '. Being 'content ' does not preclude having other ' aspirations '. And neither is being ' content ' as a ' housewife ' any less of an achievement than any other endeavor. It is the lack this fact that I took from your post. Repeated reading of your post has, unfortunately, not changed my pov.

With best regards.

Fahim...I don't demean women. And please don't judge me without knowing my background. I didn't say anything derogatory towards women. In our culture a homemaker is called a housewife and it is a very well documented word. In our family women are independent in their decision making and if they choose to work or stay home to take care of children they have all the right in the world to do so. They are respected for who they are as much as men are. Perhaps I should have said "homemaker" to not come across as sexist but excuse my English. I am not a native English speaker but I will not be apologetic for my thought. I refute your accusation.

You may believe whatever you believe and I will not try to prove myself right but I stand firm when I say that artists with real intent have greater aspirations than most people. If it wasn't for that then we wouldn't have a world full of greatest pieces of art or creations. It's not always a good thing. Those same aspirations destroys families as well. It is always a constant struggle to manage expectations between responsibilities at home and one's artistic adventures. I know of one such artist who locks himself up in a room for days just to paint.

I will not disagree that the greatest legacy one can leave behind is a home full of human and humane values and passing on all of that to their children. That to me is a moral responsibility we are born with and I didn't mean to challenge that thought. But we are talking about a handful of souls who go above and beyond in pursuit of their artistic aspirations.

At this point I am not even sure if this discussion is going anywhere or it was necessary at all. But I am done with this thread.

Asher Kelman

The picture of this landscape should remind us of the basic debt we have to the natural properties of the Mother Earth which allows such rich life, (of which we are part), to be sustained.

Perhaps you think in Arabic, Urdu or other Eastern language. Amongst the richest poetry, medieval Arabic, by reputation, perhaps the richest. So it's feasible that your poem would resound in its native language.

A British scholar in poetics and linguistics, (and an accomplished poet too), could have brought us your poem with the nuances and idiom of the best of both worlds.

I am sorry that there was a gap in understanding your native thoughts. Exporting great ideas to a form that's understood without bizarre interpretations, is challenging and that's why being an artist or poet is so hard an avocation in which to reach wide acclaim.

I myself made a medical comment on Zica virus and HIV AIDS for which I was heavily condemned as racist and homophobic! I was shocked but realized that my delivery needed polishing! So the presentation of even great ideas can be demanding of social craft and a deep appreciation of trigger words.

Zeeshan, I am glad your picture and poem generated such rich debate. Kudos to you.

Asher

Zeeshan Ali

The picture of this landscape should remind us of the basic debt we have to the natural properties of the Mother Earth which allows such rich life, (of which we are part), to be sustained.

Perhaps you think in Arabic, Urdu or other Eastern language. Amongst the richest poetry, medieval Arabic, by reputation, perhaps the richest. So it's feasible that your poem would resound in its native language.

A British scholar in poetics and linguistics, (and an accomplished poet too), could have brought us your poem with the nuances and idiom of the best of both worlds.

I am sorry that there was a gap in understanding your native thoughts. Exporting great ideas to a form that's understood without bizarre interpretations, is challenging and that's why being an artist or poet is so hard an avocation in which to reach wide acclaim.

I myself made a medical comment on Zica virus and HIV AIDS for which I was heavily condemned as racist and homophobic! I was shocked but realized that my delivery needed polishing! So the presentation of even great ideas can be demanding of social craft and a deep appreciation of trigger words.

Zeeshan, I am glad your picture and poem generated such rich debate. Kudos to you.

Asher

Thank you Asher. I am learning as I go along.

On that note and moving on from the debate above, here is another photograph with a corresponding poem that may fit the similar theme.

The Rabbit Hole

Leading into a rabbit hole
Was I told where the divine mysteries lie
Surrounded by the forest
Hidden in the mass of trees
A tale of unknown it boasts to the world
Where no one returns from their dreams
I walk the path bare feet
Tiptoeing through in a heartbeat
Glimpses from the past muddling my brain
One after another, my resistance all in vain
The mysteries unfold in a series of revelations
Too rich for my dreary eyes
Gasping for breath, I suffocate in the divine
Flushed into the sunken hollows
Covered in sins from my doings
I lay there, counting my last moments
Relics of my deeds hang above me
How did It come to this?
This is how it ends, I hear the voice
“Forgotten and lost is what you will ever be,
In here there is nobody but me.”

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi Zeehan.
You have an interesting perspective on life and the imagery you create.
I might add that your words are a bit morbid and seemingly riddled with the guilt of sin. Is that a religious thing?
My perspective on the image is quite different. The dark place seems like a great place to explore, maybe, as a young boy, I might consider taking a stolen cigarette or a tear-out from page 3 of the local tabloid, or in later years, coaxing a girl into the darkness with promises of heaven on earth.

That's the beauty of bringing words to images. We get a greater perspective of the photographer.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

An excellent point.

Zeeshan, my endorsement of Asher's observation isn't a criticism, or even a critique, of your work.

Best regards,

Doug

Zeeshan Ali

Hi Zeehan.
You have an interesting perspective on life and the imagery you create.
I might add that your words are a bit morbid and seemingly riddled with the guilt of sin. Is that a religious thing?
My perspective on the image is quite different. The dark place seems like a great place to explore, maybe, as a young boy, I might consider taking a stolen cigarette or a tear-out from page 3 of the local tabloid, or in later years, coaxing a girl into the darkness with promises of heaven on earth.

That's the beauty of bringing words to images. We get a greater perspective of the photographer.

Hi Tom,

I am not particularly religious. I'd like to think that my thoughts are more about existential dilemmas. Its like I get into a character when I am putting thoughts into words and that character is facing some really tough existential questions. I remember reading The Stranger by Albert Camus years ago and the main character Meursault just struck me as odd but I related to him personally. There was something about him that I admired yet despised at the same time. There was a moment in the novel when he was facing execution since he had killed someone and finally he comes to a realization that his life will end. That was probably the first time that he faced really challenging questions about life and death.

The other thing that strikes me as interesting is looking at the other side of the picture. As you said, this above picture makes you want to think of yourself as a young boy exploring this great dark place. For me, its about the ugliness and the darker side of human emotion. Its like you see a great couple but behind closed doors they may be trying to cut each other in half or like the characters from American Psycho and Mr. Brooks. That's what the character in my picture sees. I don't know if it makes sense but that's probably what comes to my mind when I write these words.

Here are two more pictures that could be tied together not in terms of imagery but the words. I wrote the poems at different times and never really read all of them together until now. They are all kind of questioning the meaning of life and death but the last one just brings a human element through imagery as well.

Darkness

Deeper into the realm of darkness,
Where the road ends and you cling to your last breath,
You scream and face the horror, your life as it once was; a farce,
Blood running cold in your veins, turning your skin blue,
A thousand needles penetrating your brain,
You clench your eyes to distract the pain,
Nowhere to hide, nowhere to run,
You pray for death, but there will be none,
Fear is all over you, I can tell,
There is no end to this, this is eternal hell.

Departure

Hastily walking towards the end of time
Knowing the moment has finally arrived
With every step my heartbeat gets heavier
And my soul, bleaker and bleaker
I try to string to the memory of good times
But they escape me completely
My mind fills up with chance interactions
Faces that could have been permanent
Lives that could have prospered had I been selfless
Cloaked in deceit, I never was true
I cry silent tears, until the last breath leaves me
My soul departs my wretched existence
Wrapped in white sheets, they lay me down under
A sight I did not foresee
Forgotten and never to be remembered
I become the remains of someone who once used to be!

Charlotte Thompson

I absolutely loved your write. I only read the first poem. It is full of devotion . It is full of the human spirit to be heard and wanting a peace and security in the world which we have no idea of its reality! Nice to meet you Zeeshan Ali .

Charlotte-

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Thanks for the reply, Zeehan.
I'll have a read of The Stranger to get some insight.

I should apologies from the start just in case there is any cultural differences ink words that could be misconstrued as offensive or derogatory. Others find that the case from time to time.

After rising from a long night of restless sleep filled with dark thoughts I was pleased to read your poems, if only to provide realization that still have a long way to go before reaching the bottom. You cheered me up no end.

I appreciate very much your connection with your own photos. The ability to express your connections in a poetic manner is a credit to you and an enlightenment to others.

There's a few of us here that do that. Keep it coming. You have my attention.