• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Global Change in the Carbon Age

Jerome Marot

This is obviously a complex subject and I would conclude that there is no one solution that fits all. Different solutions would be required, depending on where you live and the climate of that particular location, based on your needs and resources.

I can certainly agree to that.

I lived in Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada for 20 years. Other Canadians at that time told 'Newfie' jokes to amuse themselves. 'Newfie' jokes ridiculed Newfoundlanders as ignorant and stupid people, thereby serving a similar purpose to 'Irish' and 'Polak' jokes in other countries. Thankfully, that practice is now over in Canada. However, what remains from that era is a bit of wisdom Newfoundlanders learned by observing and listening to other Canadians. The wisdom concerns the downward slope of the country from east to west. How else to explain that all the loose screws eventually rolled down to British Columbia. ?

James Lemon

I lived in Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada for 20 years. Other Canadians at that time told 'Newfie' jokes to amuse themselves. 'Newfie' jokes ridiculed Newfoundlanders as ignorant and stupid people, thereby serving a similar purpose to 'Irish' and 'Polak' jokes in other countries. Thankfully, that practice is now over in Canada. However, what remains from that era is a bit of wisdom Newfoundlanders learned by observing and listening to other Canadians. The wisdom concerns the downward slope of the country from east to west. How else to explain that all the loose screws eventually rolled down to British Columbia. ��

Funny Guy!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
James,

You don't give any atribution for this picture!

i-RF38tsB-L.jpg

Did you make it or is it from some government agency?

I happen to be fascinated by those beautifully painted duct systems! Who makes them I wonder?

Asher

James Lemon

James,

You don't give any atribution for this picture!

i-RF38tsB-L.jpg

Did you make it or is it from some government agency?

I happen to be fascinated by those beautifully painted duct systems! Who makes them I wonder?

Asher

Asher

If the Government cant arrange for a straighter picture than this one, then we really are in trouble. I do not post pictures that don't belong to me this was a hand held image.

James B Francis in Lowell Massachusetts built the turbines.

Here you see another dam just below the pervious one. This was completed in 1930 and is currently getting a 800 million dollar upgrade with a slight increase in capacity from 105 MW to 114 MW.

The only other reliable alternatives to a clean energy future is natural gas, nuclear, fission and fusion . Everything else is smoke and mirrors and counter productive as a climate policy.

i-MWgvQbB-L.jpg