• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lomo G-54 1.8/85mm does flowers

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Shot spring 2016, forgotten to post....

29625672323_7f8ac2b235_o.jpg

29625672163_b9a42a59e5_o.jpg

30220438826_74110ca98c_o.jpg

30220438306_548058d3e0_o.jpg

29958545500_60a7a61110_o.jpg

30220438926_3d29cdff3a_o.jpg

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157673739201372

Antonio Correia

Soon, I will be walking in a weekly street market here, looking for lens from enlargers...

I feel very attracted by this work of your Klaus...

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Just from memory, Klaus, this Lomo 85mm seems to lack in the brights some of the impact seen on your recent print Ektar. Is this a valid impression and is it correctable?

Asher

I can't see this Asher, it very much depends on the light situtation possibly, which was quite different when using the Printing Ektar.

Soon, I will be walking in a weekly street market here, looking for lens from enlargers...

I feel very attracted by this work of your Klaus...

Antonio, enlarger lenses are much slower lenses, like f3.5, f4.5 or f5.6 and projection lenses are f1.6, f1.8 or f2 which hence have much more shallow depth of field (DOF) and smoother bokeh than enlarger lenses, so you cannot expect similar results. They are however usually VERY SHARP. Some I used and show results also on my flickr site, like this Tominon f4 58mm

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thank you for the tip, Klaus ! :)

You can try enlarger lenses Antonio. Schneider Componon and Rodenstock Rodagon are quite nice and easy to find, as well as Nikon EL-Nikkors. Be aware that longer focal legths (from 80mm onwards) are easier to adapt. There are also cheaper russian and polish ones (Meopta).

Antonio Correia

I am retaining this precious infos, Klaus. :)

I have to make a photo call to someone I know, involved in old stuff and ask him about this matter.

Antonio Correia

The other day I visited a turner to solve a problem on a lens hood I have, which has fallen on the ground and could not be removed at hand, from the UV filter. An old one from 74...

I was sorry he could not separate the two pieces because he he 83 years old and has cataracts which do not allow him to see correctly.

He has all the machines and lives alone with a dog. Now in Setubal , there are no turners at all because they are all dead or too old.

Last edited:

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Too bad Antonio, maybe you find someone in Lisbon, not far from you!
(I would never insert your images into your thread, because I respect you...)