• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wings of steel

Andy brown

The older I get, and the closer I get to wild creatures, the more I am in awe of their beauty.
Not just the gracefulness but the pure perfection of their makeup.

It's like engineering meets artistry.

DSC_2387%20wings%20of%20steel_zpszq2gt4xx.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Andy,

The older I get, and the closer I get to wild creatures, the more I am in awe of their beauty.
Not just the gracefulness but the pure perfection of their makeup.

It's like engineering meets artistry.

Yes, precisely. And that is one of the greatest confluences in the universe, whether done by nature or by man.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Jerome Marot

Amazing that nature on its own, without schools of design and flight simulators and finite element analysis could produce this superb flying machine!

Then, if you give a team of engineers 2 billions years and unlimited testing on a whole planet, maybe they could come to something similar.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Then, if you give a team of engineers 2 billions years and unlimited testing on a whole planet, maybe they could come to something similar.

Do you think we humans are too "parochial" considering not only that we are significantly special above other creatures and so different from them, but we have divine beings, well disposed to looking after us!

To me, Jerome, I see just one form of life based on an informational DNA helix with infinite coding possibilities and consequences.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Very nice!

What amazes me so very much if you look at the back to the shoulders of birds they definitely mimic a man or rather human. I was privileged to see this one morning as I watched a Morning Dove from behind....studying its form....It was extremely formidable impression for me!

Charlotte-

J.J. Pietro

Hi Andy, for me your first image is the better, for a couple of reasons. Firstly BIF images are common, especially the classic profile shot, such as your second image. Understanding of course that those images require skill and patience.

Secondly your image, while immediately recognizable as a bird, has enough of an abstract feel to it to lend the image a feeling of something else, something less definable, almost as though the bird were too shy to show its face, or to create some mysterious aura about itself.

Whatever the case, your first shot is the one that I admire the most, as much for what it is as for what it isn't.

JJ