• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Can the gallery be the art work =)

Strange as usual, my latest project was to make my big gallery ( www.browalls.se ) that only exists online ( made in 3d ), the founder of its branch in my suburb, now a real existing gallery, as I now rent a shop that I fixed a little. Here are two images from the outside, first showing Sven Boqvists camera "Birgit", very large format ( 10"x12" ), and some glass plates.

23167863_1577735425583006_3392607453099256777_n.jpg

I covered a distracting white pillar in the window with a lot of magazine pages from the 50's and added a big movie poster from my invented film Hello Paris.

23231601_1577735435583005_7927172048800698353_n.jpg

( in the story it competes with Funny Face and Seventh Seal by Ingmar Bergman in Cannes Film festival 1957. Sven's favorite model, the russian ballerina Tatiana Baronova has some spectacular dance scenes in it and also performs a special choreography in Entibes against a wall, looks like this )

wall_dance.png

... and here I am fixing the wood stuff so I can hang the frames on the walls.

23167513_1575343485822200_648480009628939742_n.jpg

Here is the logo on the window and some frames inside ...

logga_fonster.jpg

It's fun to fabricate things that does not exist =) And it's an experiment for two months to see if this is something I want to go on with or not. I see it more like an art project ion itself as I have no expectations to sell anything. Just having the logo on the window was enough for me =)

Thank you!
I was in Antibes ( now I can spell it =) ) , looking for backgrounds, as I do on my "vacations" and by climbing on some walls behind the Sheikh yacht harbour I found that wall and immediately got a vision of how to use it. So after I had been in Nice, Cannes, Antibes and Monte Carlo I had enough for the second part of my Sven Boqvist project. So I contacted the ballerina and had a shoot so she was added later. Took me two days. (one reason, it was hard to get the black and whites that I wanted, as it had to resemble the look of a scene in a Ingmar Bergman movie to fit the story behind it, and also fix the depth of field for the model, add the right shadows by making a similar scene in 3d and so on )

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Per,

I have to return to this excuisite picture you created!

wall_dance.png

Thank you!
I was in Antibes ( now I can spell it =) ) , looking for backgrounds, as I do on my "vacations" and by climbing on some walls behind the Sheikh yacht harbour I found that wall and immediately got a vision of how to use it. So after I had been in Nice, Cannes, Antibes and Monte Carlo I had enough for the second part of my Sven Boqvist project. So I contacted the ballerina and had a shoot so she was added later. Took me two days. (one reason, it was hard to get the black and whites that I wanted, as it had to resemble the look of a scene in a Ingmar Bergman movie to fit the story behind it, and also fix the depth of field for the model, add the right shadows by making a similar scene in 3d and so on )

Do you have pictures of the making of this wonderful piece. I would love to be a fly on the wall seeing your setup!

Asher