• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photographic Gems of Our Times From The Web The 12 networking truths

Jerome Marot

In *The 12 Networking Truths* Swedish artist Jonas Lund will discuss how he has attempted to subvert the contemporary art world system by using different types of exploits to gain an upper hand against the competition.

From designing an algorithm for art production to data mining art world personalities, the artist will describe how he has incorporated a classic programming mindset in an otherwise logic-free environment.

The 12 Networking Truths refers to RFC 1925 - The Twelve Networking Truths, a memo posted on the 1st of April 1996, positioned as revealing the fundamental truths underlying all network protocol designs. The truths include statements such as ‘It Has To Work.’ and ‘Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can’t have all three).’. This memo will be the underlying story line throughout the talk, as each truths has a corresponding position within the artist’s artistic practice.

https://media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8191-the_12_networking_truths

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jerome,

You are great at finding gems! I have an avid thirst for other folks hard-won experience in battles I have to fight myself!

Am downloading the huge files to examine this on my computer.

Thanks!

Asher

Jerome Marot

You are great at finding gems! I have an avid thirst for other folks hard-won experience in battles I have to fight myself!

Quite frankly, the chaos computer club congress is more surprising than one would think. Maybe I should post about it, but I don't really know where to start.

I viewed the video and it was quite a bit of fun, but at the same time, a little disturbing. We know that art by committee exists but sadly, knowing someone on the inside seems to be more important than anything else.. Connections, connections. Was an interesting watch.