Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence

Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence Discussion of commerce models and processes by which Photography reaches clients and the public.

Old July 6th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Administrator/Moderator

Default a real big joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris View Post
Since its creation, this thread had 1567 viewers with, apart from Asher, only 5 persons reacting (Edward Bussa, Maggie Terlecki, Jarmo Juntunen, Peter Dexter, Fahim Mohammed, thank you guys!)…
1730 viewers today Heeeeppeeeeeeee!
But still not a word since your last post Asher!
The last post, appart from Asher was done on March 17th, 2018 by fahim mohammed
Finnaly this appears to be a real big joke…
Old July 6th, 2018, 07:32 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
1730 viewers today Heeeeppeeeeeeee!
But still not a word since your last post Asher!
The last post, appart from Asher was done on March 17th, 2018 by fahim mohammed
Finnaly this appears to be a real big joke…
Nicolas,

It’s no big joke but the harsh reality that folk can respond easier to a child blowing a dandelion puff, an infant nursing at her mother breast, lovers in the sunset, a puppy racing through the waves or white-mained stallions galloping in a dust-cloud but give them images that test the brain and they get flabbergasted and afraid.

No one wants to be made to seem ignorant by commenting on more abstract art as it’s, frankly intimidating.

How many people have ever used black, (pretty much by itself), as the featured star of a major exhibition? One could dig up perhaps 5 such exhibitions but I remember only one and there the canvas was totally black. You however have investigated the edges of possibility and probability. So naturally you have drawn a lot of eyeballs but the larynx does not necessarily communicate any message as you have left turmoil, surprise and hesitation in the brain.

Think of how much time you and Romain spent first ruminating about your possible approaches, actually setting up the many shoots with specific conditions, sorting results, gaining new insights, shooting further ideas and then working so hard to build a dedicated oeuvres for exhibition that would be coherent.

Now have visitors look at you gigantuan project, printed meters wide, in a strange esthetic language you so recently discovered, and have them comment!

That is a big challenge to anyone, even with more confidence than merit! Most folk simply accept in awe what you share and know that they never can be wrong by just enjoying what they can experience without the presence of the full size prints.

You essentially have given yourself a brain transplant, far ahead of what others have researched on their own. Take the numbers of visits as an acknowledgement of the awe in which you and Romain are regarded that the buzz brought them to enjoy your work.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old July 13th, 2018, 12:04 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Default Are you around ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Bussa View Post
Patience Nicolas! It is still early here.

This will take some time to digest - it does not grab me by the neck tie and shout in my face. Rather, it whispers to me at the edges of my mind. Report to come.

I would love to visit your exhibition. We have a friend in Aurillac that we intend to visit. What is the last date of the exhibit?
Hi Ed
Are you around Aurillac?
If yes we may organise a visit together : )
Old July 13th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Administrator/Moderator

Default Wondering…

Will the catalog of the exhibition release the supposed shyness of people here (see Asher's post above) and then will the comments be more numerous?
Click the cover to discover more about NOIRS…

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Will the catalog of the exhibition release the supposed shyness of people here (see Asher's post above) and then will the comments be more numerous?
Click the cover to discover more about NOIRS…
40 views in 4 days of this post and…
Nope! nothing, nada, nichts, niente, rien, que dale, لست نادمة, 没什么, 무, pa gen anyen, ništa, ei mitään, dad, τίποτα, דבר, 何も, rud ar bith, tiştekî, nihil, kahore, niekas, niets, ingenting, nic, ничего, nanaon, kitu, எதுவும், ไม่มีอะไร, hiçbir şey, нічого, không, גאָרנישט, lutho…
Sorry if I forgot your language ...