• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

[UV] Hungarian Parliament Building

Dr Klaus Schmitt

original.jpg

Just back from a field trip to Hungary and the Puszta (for flowers), here a UV shot of the famous Hungarian Parliament building, as seen from Buda Castle.

Lumix GH1-UVIR, Cerco 94mm lens, Baader-U filter, in-camera whitebalanced using my ReflectionDisc.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
original.jpg

Just back from a field trip to Hungary and the Puszta (for flowers), here a UV shot of the famous Hungarian Parliament building, as seen from Buda Castle.

Lumix GH1-UVIR, Cerco 94mm lens, Baader-U filter, in-camera whitebalanced using my ReflectionDisc.

Klaus,

Is it that the walls are so unusually reflective or is it that UV light from the distant structures can't travel that far through polluted air? No insult meant for Budapest!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

The colors come from different UV reflective materials used. This is the palette:

original.jpg

As far as fog is concerned, this is based on Rayleigh scattering which is much higher for UV than for visible light due to the shorter wavelength, also in clear sky. IR is used to penetrate clouds because of that effect as it penetrates much better.