• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

P25 RAW's strange behaviour

Rob.Martin

Certainly I've never seen this behaviour before.
I've been taking some scenics and some personal shots with the ol' H1/P25 here in NZ and the C1Pro is working majestically on the MacBookPro (although I need the extra GB of RAM). Well I took 10 pictures with the P25, after a break, took the to the MAc and attempted to process them in C1. To my surprise, they are seen as "TIFF" and not RAW. I immediately took more pictures on the same card and uploaded them. They are "RAW", no issues and I've taken another 100 since, no problems.
I cannot connect to C1 support as I keep getting "error, we know sorry" messages.
I quite like one or two of the images too, and nothing will open them......
anyone else seen this?
Rob

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Rob
I've no experience with H1/P25, so I'll try a newbie question:
have you tried to rename your files with their "what it should be" raw extention (i.e.: ".cr2" for a 1Ds Mark2)...

Don Lashier

Nicolas Claris said:
Hi Rob
I've no experience with H1/P25, so I'll try a newbie question:
have you tried to rename your files with their "what it should be" raw extention (i.e.: ".cr2" for a 1Ds Mark2)...

I believe the proper extention for P1 files (as with Canon 1Dx files) is ".tif". The only thing I can imagine is that if you manipulated the files in any way with "dumb" image programs (eg rotating), they will only see the embedded thumbnail and toss the actual raw data.

- DL

Rob.Martin

tried messing with the ext

ext was correct to start with.
whatever I do makes no difference
interestingly the exif info is missing
these just may all be corrupt together
Rob