• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Car Photography by Alain Briot

Alain Briot

pro member
A few samples of my recent car photographs:

_H6T9116-Sunday-Drive.jpg

Sunday Drive

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
A few samples of my recent car photographs:

_H6T9116-Sunday-Drive.jpg

Sunday Drive

Hi Alain
I love this one, the car and the image (as you know of course, an image is much more than a photo!).
Would you share the set-up? as with a wide angle, the camera had to be pretty close to the car!

Alain Briot

pro member
Hi Asher,

This photograph was taken with a super wide lens, but not a fish eye. I used an 18mm on a full frame DSLR. The 'distortion' is simply the shape of the car which is curved quite a bit.

The camera was mounted to the front of the car with a suction cup. I took the car to 60mph to get the blurred background effect. If I look nervous on the photo it's because I was concerned the camera would come flying off and hit the windshield! It didn't and since it worked well I made many other variations of this photograph by mounting the camera in various places on the car: on the roof, windows, interior, side panels, etc.

I explain all the details about my car photography process in an ebook I just published. I have a free sampler, and a special offer, at this link:

http://beautiful-landscape.com/Ebooks-Books-1-2-3.html

I also explain why I do car photography in addition to my landscape photography, in this free essay titled 'Why I photograph Cars":
http://beautiful-landscape.com/Reflections/?p=1204

Thank you for your compliments.

Alain

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The camera was mounted to the front of the car with a suction cup. I took the car to 60mph to get the blurred background effect.

Well, Alain,

You're not timid! I'd be a little concerned too, but actually, suction cups are routinely used to hold very heavy video rigs in shooting movies and commercials! Such a good use of suctions! Why does suck have such a bad name when, it's can be so practical! :)

Asher

Alain Briot

pro member
One taken at night with flash added to the interior of the car and the camera mounted inside the car:

Car-night-1.jpg

The exact setup and process are described in the ebook.