• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The princess

Tom dinning

Registrant*
DSCF0227 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

You've met Nevayah before. She has just turned 6 this week.

I think I have as well. In another life. She is my great grand-daughter through no fault of mine. We only share those genes that make us human (that I am aware of).

Knowing that, we treat each other with respect. We also take heed of our difference in age and the necessity to learn from each other as much as we can before I die. Not that I'm aware of death's knoll but Nevayah seems to think it's closer than I think.

So far we have investigated evolution, studied the structure of the cosmos, debunked religion and identified chocolate as the only food worth eating. She has also been introduced to many of the great photographs of our times. She is a far better critic than anyone here.

DSCF0222 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

There is always time for play, though.
No-one knows what her future will hold.
I just want her to have a bloody good go at it.

DSCF0236 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

All photos by Christine Dinning

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am in love with the little princess, of course, she's so adorable.

However, the main lesson here is in what is actually happening, not the actual images as photographs. Here we see ordinary behavior that is at the root of civilization. Grandparents get to be loved and not ignored and that's a good thing! I know!

What's much, much more significant is that this nurturing and one on one attention to a child is the key difference, (with adequate food and shelter), to turning a child to a career as a criminal or user of charity or else putting them on a path of self-worth and independance and fulfillment.

I am thrilled to be able to witness this as it gives hope to all of us!

Asher