• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Online Printing Training Course

Noel Greene

pro member
Dear fellow OPF's

This is my first post. I travel quite a lot so I am unable to spend a week or 2 at a Printing Training Course. Can anyone advise me of a specific Online Printing Course - which includes callibration, Profiles, Workflow and all the technical things I need to know - I should know this stuff but I need advice and help http://othersidephotography.com

I have most of the equipment but I have little knowledge of how to set up from start to finish. I use Lightroom and I have an EIZO monitor.

best regards

Noel Greene

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray West

Hi Noel,

There is a lot of confusing information about profiling, since it seems to be often made more complicated than necessary. I found that the information given by Mike Chaney to be relatively easy to understand. If you go to http://www.ddisoftware.com/prism/ and find the help file on profile prism, it may give you a good understanding of the principles involved, and if you are pc based you can purchase his software, etc. at a pretty good bargain price. Personally, I have found the profiles I can generate to be as good as any I have used.

The workflow, wrt printing, is also handled well in his qimage software - again it's not apple os.

hth

Best wishes,

Ray

Noel Greene

pro member
Dear Ray

thank you very much for this information. I will certainly give it a look. You see my problems are that I have downloaded profiles .. set them into my PC but then when I go to print something my printer doesnt indicate any profile other than the standard Epson "profiles". I am currently working abroad but will get a chance next week to look at the website addresses you have given me .. thanks again for you time

regards

Noel

Alain Briot

pro member
You see my problems are that I have downloaded profiles .. set them into my PC but then when I go to print something my printer doesnt indicate any profile other than the standard Epson "profiles".
Noel

That's because you need to select the custom profiles from the Photoshop Print dialog box, not the printer dialog box :) The Epson driver is designed to only offer the profiles that the printer came with. Photoshop will display all the profiles on your system.