• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Running from Tickets

Hunter W. Rand

166542_562978107046846_1007908120_n.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hunter,

It's late at at night, not all the stores are closed, but there's no foot traffic or moving cars to be seen and everything is still. Even with the title, I don't comprehend this picture yet. Is it that everyone has run off?

I'd love an introduction/guide to this very still image, especially if part of a planned body of work. Pictures can of course be commented on with no introduction, but to really make the most sense, something of the intent, expected or existing brethren and aura of the project can help us direct our comment. When we know your body of work and style, then it will have carved some guidelines for as. Right now, I would love some guidance of where you are going here.

Asher

Hunter W. Rand

This image was taken on West Street, and East 2nd Street. It was taken without a tripod, a long exposure and a wide open aperture. I had set the camera up on a power box in the median. I like the story behind this picture because it's one of those cocktail party stories. One of those stories that makes you an interesting person.

It was a Friday night and I had gone downtown to capture the lights of the City of Reno.

72830_562961950381795_638897063_n.jpg

So as I depressed my shutter release button I see a Reno Police car down the street coming towards me. I have 10 seconds left on the exposure. So unlike a reasonable person I let the camera expose as I'm standing in the middle of a traffic median. The RPD car lights me up as I hear the shutter release once again, and like the sound of a starting gun I picked up my camera and started running. I ran into back a back alley and ran and ran and ran. All I could think was, "Dang, I cannot afford a ticket." While the picture isn''t thr greatest I think the story behind it is great.

I love the way the colors hit the lens and the way other colors are more vibrant than others. I just love long exposure images.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This image was taken on West Street, and East 2nd Street. It was taken without a tripod, a long exposure and a wide open aperture. I had set the camera up on a power box in the median.

Hunter,

I do this all the time! Yes, the cop might bark a little, but do they actually give tickets for that? Could be I've just had a long run of luck or the cops have a list of minimums to meet in other crimes and misdemeanors!

Are the Reno police known for quick tickets like that?

Asher

Hunter W. Rand

Asher,
Some would disagree with me, but Reno Police is a corrupt department. Corruption covered up by other departments and the Governors office. I grew up with a lot of officers and I always saw them doing things here and there and only now that I'm older and I hear stories of officers getting fired and threatened to not investigate certain things, I realize what has been going on.

But a while ago I was filming an occupy protest. I admit to illegally parking my '08 debadged Nissan, but the ticket stated that it was a Lexus 400 with my plates. I went to appeal the ticket and I was hit with a fix-it-ticket and a ticket for providing false information to a sworn officer. Luckily this is a small town and my grandma knew a few people. I ended up only paying the traffic ticket. The only thing she asked me not to do is look into the dismissal of my other tickets.

Here's a link to one incident by the local news. LINK!

Hunter

Sam Hames

This image was taken on West Street, and East 2nd Street. It was taken without a tripod, a long exposure and a wide open aperture. I had set the camera up on a power box in the median. I like the story behind this picture because it's one of those cocktail party stories. One of those stories that makes you an interesting person.

It was a Friday night and I had gone downtown to capture the lights of the City of Reno.

72830_562961950381795_638897063_n.jpg

So as I depressed my shutter release button I see a Reno Police car down the street coming towards me. I have 10 seconds left on the exposure. So unlike a reasonable person I let the camera expose as I'm standing in the middle of a traffic median. The RPD car lights me up as I hear the shutter release once again, and like the sound of a starting gun I picked up my camera and started running. I ran into back a back alley and ran and ran and ran. All I could think was, "Dang, I cannot afford a ticket." While the picture isn''t thr greatest I think the story behind it is great.

I love the way the colors hit the lens and the way other colors are more vibrant than others. I just love long exposure images.

It's a nice story. I'm glad I'm not the only person who doesn't title things well :)

I like the photograph - it suits me just fine. There's a jumble of all these different colours and lights, but once you get past that it's.... Empty.