• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Family Beach Portraits on Folly Beach South Carolina

chi pritchard

Here are a few shots from my recent beach sessions on Folly Beach South Carolina

068.jpg

083.jpg

045.jpg

072.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
.... from my recent beach sessions on Folly Beach South Carolina

072.jpg

Chi Pritchard: Untitled

Chi,

I love them all, this one especially since it's so unusual. We're so trusted by the artist to complete the picture of a celebrating family. I'd sure like to hear the story of these exceptional celebratory folk! Hmm, was this a group baptism or just a frolicking wet wedding or family reunion?

Asher

chi pritchard

Thank you Asher, I guess i'm a little better at telling my stories from behind the camera. You might notice that in my blog posts on my website. There's really not alot in my posts,but my pictures. I find it easier to articulate behind the scenes if you will. This family is from Ohio and there were 4 generations present. They come to Charleston every year for the past 30 years. Starting with the eldest members of the family. They decided it was time to capture the family in pictures. So, we got together and I wanted to make it as fun as possible. Not posed and just let them be themselves. They were a really great family and hopefully i'll get to see the next generation grow up over the years.

Asher Kelman

Thank you Asher, I guess i'm a little better at telling my stories from behind the camera. You might notice that in my blog posts on my website. There's really not alot in my posts,but my pictures. I find it easier to articulate behind the scenes if you will. This family is from Ohio and there were 4 generations present. They come to Charleston every year for the past 30 years. Starting with the eldest members of the family. They decided it was time to capture the family in pictures. So, we got together and I wanted to make it as fun as possible. Not posed and just let them be themselves. They were a really great family and hopefully i'll get to see the next generation grow up over the years.

Excellent work. We can imagine a lot from what you show. A little text will go a long way in these picture sets.

Looking forward to your next surprise!

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Hi Chi,

No need to insist on how gorgeous, fresh and "feel good" are the photos, but what a wonderful statement of family togetherness. That's special.

Regards,

Ruben

Asher Kelman

Here are a few shots from my recent beach sessions on Folly Beach South Carolina

068.jpg

Chi,

Revisiting this obviously beautiful and sentimental picture, beyond the wonderful landscape and delightful image of the little girl in a white dress, there's something that catches my eye and draws attention to itself. It's the long shadow spreading on the sand towards us on the foreground. Do you have other images with the complete shadow? I'd love to see how it looked.

Asher