• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rocks that Rock! Where a rock defines the composition!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Inside the rock, just another perspective !
Ajanta Caves - India, unfinished cave.

i-XDdfMTv-XL.jpg

You say inside the rock????? Which rock?

i-6M6mLCq-XL.jpg

Is this the "same rock" are you referring to, Antonio? You are saying that the cave is below this?

Asher

Michael Nagel

This is unique. I normally would be incensed that someone defacedcthe rock, but somehow this is actually interesting, like "warpaint" on a warrior!
This is quite common - markings or arrows signalling a path are colour-coded.

Mountain theme again. This was taken 10 years ago - looking up to the summit. The two larger dots on the snow are people on their way up.

Best regards
Michael

Asher Kelman

But let' move to Robicon Trail, Sierra Nevada, USA

i-69j5DKc-XL.jpg

This is a river flowing through a terrain of forests and bushes..... that's how it seems!

I like that you are also drawn to texture and contrast here of the macro nature of the rock with the crack filled with what appears to be pine needles.

I would hope you might find further examples.

This is the kind of picture that could be insisted by some to be in monochrome.

I like recognizing the green lichen on the dual tone blue rock!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Digging in the archive I worked on this one.
It is in fact an experience with CC...
More to come, I hope ! :)

Ladakh, India
i-Xn49Zdp-XL.jpg

One of your very best, Antonio! I love those comb effects on the front rock!

This has enough texture variations and units of shape and shade that it should be remarkable as a B&W photograph too.

Asher