• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Is There Such a Thing as a Quality On-Line Print Service?

doug anderson

The prints I've received from Smugmug are dark and muddy. I otherwise like their web services.

Anybody got a favorite online print service?

I use Mpix.com a lot and have had good results from them. Their service is good and it's fast. They offer a lot of different products too. They are more the consumer side of the processing arena but they have another side, Miller, that is more of a professional service.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Doug
I guess you get what you pay for…

I've been recently pointed to http://www.whitewall.com but have no idea if they have a lab in the US… (they are connected with LUMAS who as galleries in Europe and in NYC)

Hope it helps :)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Mpix/Millers

I just got back some test prints from Miller's today. Been using Mpix and SmugMug and for some stuff Costco when I need it now - we have a great group of people at my local Costco who know what they are doing. My Miller's stuff is quite nice. Got some prints yesterday via SmugMug and decided to compare.

Same paper - lustre finish. Color good on both. Really cannot tell the difference.

Miller's did a color test of corrected vs what I uploaded. And the result is that on some I liked their color correction on 1 of my 4 images, two of them I could not even tell a difference and one I did not like the color correction.

EZ Prints guarantees what you send up so send Smuggy an email and they'll fix it.

Rhys Sage

pro member
Through Aperture on my Mac, I can order prints and they come straight from Kodak. They seem excellent and just as they were on the screen.

I also have an account with WHCC who produce equally excellent prints.

One thing I would suggest is increasing the saturation a shade.