• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Favorite tools for skin blemishes and texture? The patch tool or what?

Nill Toulme

Learning to use — crudely — the PS CS3 patch tool has been a tremendous boon for me for easy touchups of eyebags, wrinkles, etc. Trouble is, I really have no idea what it's doing or how it works, much less how to use it properly/better. It seems like magic. ;-)

Any hints/explanations/pointers at tutorials etc.?

Nill

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
From fair to near perfect skin. How do you do it?

Cem,

Great links. It would be great to find out how photographers here banish blemishes and deal with skin texture in general.

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Healing Brush

I use spot healing and healing brush tool for wrinkles, blemishes and the like. Then I use negative clairity in Lightroom for minor skin smoothing or I use Nik Fliters Dynamic Skin Softening. Depends on my image mostly. Thinking about getting Portrait Professional.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Luiz,

These must be are amongst the best references on skin retouching and uses just RGB*. Let me correct that. The first one I have studied up to the procedure of making curves in a mask. The effort here is directed against unsightly areas such as as a babies rash or unsightly shadows. This is a curves layer with a gradient of numerical values. The actual values of RGB come (at one end of a gradient), from the wanted hue and tone, and, (at the other end of the gradient), blemish areas . Sounds complex, but do it once and then it will seem obvious. This is just at the beginning of the second page of the first of 3 tutorials by Crawford Hart. For this work, investment in a Wacom pressure sensitive tablet is a must! If one masters these early ideas, one hardly needs to go further! If you actually have the motivation to become proficient and practice enough, this will be another way of sucking up your time but the results will be flattering to your subjects.

Everything in layers!

Asher

*Crawford Hart also gives a reference to LAB methods, but key images are missing at that thread.