• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Art or not? A central repository of links to art related discussions in OPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cem_Usakligil

Every now and then, we reopen the discussion of what is art in photography when a (new) member pops the seemingly innocent question: "is my picture a piece of art?". We have spent an enormous amount of time (and sweat and tears) discussing the possible answers to this question in the past. Therefore it makes sense for anybody who is wondering about this question to read first what has already been discussed.

Here is a collection of links to the most interesting threads on the topic of art in photography (or vice versa).

And as an added bonus, also interesting to read:

This list is far from complete, it is possible that I may have overlooked certain threads. Please let me know by PM if you think that the list must be extended.

Have fun with the reading.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Every now and then, we reopen the discussion of what is art in photography when a (new) member pops the seemingly innocent question: "is my picture a piece of art?". We have spent an enormous amount of time (and sweat and tears) discussing the possible answers to this question in the past. Therefore it makes sense for anybody who is wondering about this question to read first what has already been discussed.

Here is a collection of links to the most interesting threads on the topic of art in photography (or vice versa).

And as an added bonus, also interesting to read:

This list is far from complete, it is possible that I may have overlooked certain threads. Please let me know by PM if you think that the list must be extended.

Have fun with the reading.

I'd like to update this list with this. This introduces the concept of the gymnasium for our imagination, a "sensotic" space.

Status
Not open for further replies.