• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

winding road

Andy brown

Just drove to Melbourne and back.
It's a long way and I was feeling a little weary so we shared the driving.
The camera was within reach so I tried to capture some of the mood.

DSC_0600%20p%20screen%20size_zpsphas4b5u.jpg

DSC_0609%20p%20screen%20size_zpspnf8rh75.jpg

DSC_0603%20p%20screen%20size_zpslollpscx.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Andy,

I almost recognize the place! It's driving at night when signs flash by and one tries to keep awake or it's the recall of the journey when one is finally at a small hotel and crashed and eyes shut and about to fall asleep!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Andy,

DSC_0600%20p%20screen%20size_zpsphas4b5u.jpg

DSC_0609%20p%20screen%20size_zpspnf8rh75.jpg

Lovely images.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Andy brown

Asher Kelman said:
Andy,

I almost recognize the place! It's driving at night when signs flash by and one tries to keep awake or it's the recall of the journey when one is finally at a small hotel and crashed and eyes shut and about to fall asleep!

Asher

Yeah, that's pretty much it Asher.
I was trying to convey something of that feeling.

Bumpy roads here in OZ too so the movement is trying to reflect the rhythm of the motion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Abbott

I like the last two images, I could see a small series of photographs taking shape with these. How 'bout defining them as 'roadscapes'?

Andy brown

Thanks Paul, I'd forgotten I'd even posted these which is a little scary but, yes, roadscapes is an apt term. I must pursue a series, who knows where it might lead. Ninety nine percent of the time I'm travelling, I'm driving so I would need to be disciplined somehow.