• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

From the Judean Hills towards jerusalem

C1000685 Panorama by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr Leica CL 23/2.0 four shots

I'm looking back at the Hadassah hospital and medical school complex with heliport in the upper center, while on the lower right is the Franciscan monastery of St. John in the Wilderness (מנזר יוהנאן במדבר) which was built around a grotto in which John the Baptist is believed to have lived and studied. His birthplace, Ein Kerem, lies a short distance behind the hospitals. The monastery has survived many changes. First documented in the 1200s, it is older than that.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Beautiful picture, Scott!

What are you using for stitching these days?

A dream to see this wonderful land! Imagine the monks there so long ago!

Have you visited the monastery?

Asher

Beautiful picture, Scott!

What are you using for stitching these days?

A dream to see this wonderful land! Imagine the monks there so long ago!

Have you visited the monastery?

Asher

Thanks. I've been looking at the monastery from a favorite hiking trail for years. Before writing a caption for this picture I Googled it and found that it is possible to visit, and it sounds as if we could learn more of its history. So it is now on the list.

I'm still using PTGui for stitching.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks. I've been looking at the monastery from a favorite hiking trail for years. Before writing a caption for this picture I Googled it and found that it is possible to visit, and it sounds as if we could learn more of its history. So it is now on the list.

I'm still using PTGui for stitching.

Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures and updates on the bright kids of yours!

Am using Autopano Giga, but whgen I did use PTGUI, I found it made sense when there needed to be a lot of fine tuning of common connection points. Have they been updating over the past 5 years. That's how long it has been since I used it!

Asher