• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: A big landscape

Bob Rogers

This is another part of Arches National Park.

This is a stitched panorama. The segments were shot with the lens at 105mm on a crop sensor. Despite the high number of pixels, the resolution is a little disappointing -- there is a lack of detail in the foreground. Maybe not enough depth of field? Still, it works out OK for a 24x84 print. Now I just need a place to display it.

I like the way (in the print) you can see detail in the distance, and the colors were wonderful. It happened to rain the night before, and the clouds participated.

Untitled
Bob Rogers

Doug Kerr

Hi, Bob,

This is another part of Arches National Park.

This is a stitched panorama. The segments were shot with the lens at 105mm on a crop sensor.

But you didn't get any crops—I know they are hard to raise in this terrain.

Or maybe you mean "cropped"— that your sensor was cut down from one of a larger size. That is really delicate work!

But I'll bet you mean that your camera's sensor is smaller than that of cameras whose sensor is larger. All mine are that way.

Just pulling you leg!

I like the way (in the print) you can see detail in the distance, and the colors were wonderful. It happened to rain the night before, and the clouds participated.

Untitled​

It is beautiful, and a wonderful piece of work.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is a stitched panorama. The segments were shot with the lens at 105mm on a crop sensor. Despite the high number of pixels, the resolution is a little disappointing -- there is a lack of detail in the foreground. Maybe not enough depth of field? Still, it works out OK for a 24x84 print. Now I just need a place to display it.

Bob Rogers: Untitled

Acres National Park

Bob,

I adore stratification of elements in a picture. So not having so much detail in the foreground is quite fine in the build of this landscape. There's more detail per unit area of landscape in the foreground than in the b.g., but the b.g. just pears sharper with more contrast, but it all works well. The apparent deficit in sharpness near us allows us to be drawn deep into the picture.

I do like the feature with the horizontal shadow in the center of the lower edge as it serves as an anchor before going off into your scene and exploring its beauty.

The line of green shrubs on the left compliments well the distant mountains at the sky line.

The clouds are full and billowing with great detail and an impressive range of tonalities.

The only thing that I might add would require artistic license to add a tad of sky, just enough to clone in completion of each cloud and keep us in the picture.

Asher