• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Still Life Bowl of ..........!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here is the challenge.

You favorite compositions of a bowl of fruit, vegetable, fish, eggs or whatever else is handsome in natural light!

Asher Kelman Citrus Family

Your comments and pictures for this subject much appreciated1

Asher

PS The image link was broken so I replaced the image with a copy of the center of the image. I will put the original image back when I find it!

Asher Kelman

Let's see…

Have a fish:

NCZ7327-1-1722x1280.jpg

Nicholas,

This picture is very instructive to me. I can imagine all sorts of different compositions, especially with a number of them together.

The Dorsal pattern, just itself, is fabulously developed and actually the black, as cut outs, is easy for me to replicate in curved steel plate. So I might use that in some sculpture. The green color, as it’s very complex, is a challenge, and means we need more than simple powder coating.

Asher Kelman

As to the eggs, adding straw is a touch I would expect from the famous Beverly Hills restaurant, that sells thousands of fine wines from bespoke wineries in France, Italy, Chile, and California as well as every exotic chess you can imagine.

Asher

Asher Kelman

This is really good Asher!

Thanks, James!

This Southern window light addition was a major architectural reconfiguration of our kitchen and gives us fabulous morning light. My one black earthenware bowl is so key to me finding new compositions. What is surprising is how different the end results are!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
The Black Bowl Again!

Asher Kelman: “Limes in Southern Light”

Asher

Superbe ! Comment ai-je pu manquer cette image magnifique…
A tad of sat to the green and yellow fruits (limes?) would have brung me to heaven!
Giving even more power to the blacks and the whites…
Ready to share a Caipirinha!

Asher Kelman

All, my dear friend, Nicolas,

I had not heard of the fresh sugar cane fermented drink!

Must seek it out!

Thanks for paying attention to the pale version of my picture!

Edited on my iPhone:

Asher Kelman: “Limes in Southern Light”

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Pale was fine, only the fruits needed a little bit of saturation…

Like this:

If you don’t find cachaça liquor, you may replace it with white rhum (not brown!), try it with Wendy!

Asher Kelman

Pale was fine, only the fruits needed a little bit of saturation…

If you don’t find cachaça liquor, you may replace it with white rhum (not brown!), try it with Wendy!

Thanks, Nicolas!

For my guests a treat, for sure! I will buy a bottle!

Am a wine or beer drinker but will try this out and toast you all!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Back to the Southern light from my tall kitchen windows:

Asher Kelman: “Abundance & Thanks!”

Asher

Asher Kelman

Wait, there's more:

Asher Kelman: “Fruit”

I love how the grapes are trans-illuminated and light up, but also, in addition, modeled for form, by direct window-light the curved surface of each grape!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Now we changed to a few pears to ripen by the window!

FA12CA44-3E42-4D80-9EAF-41719F466ED2.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Les Poivres se Réveillent”

Asher

Asher Kelman

Noe something at the edge:Asher

18BBD6FB-B4CD-40BD-BA02-BB8D176079C9.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Fruit Chiaroscuro”
Fuji GFX 50S 32-64mm
PS CC 2021 & Topaz Studio

I hope you have a large screen and enjoy it!

Asher