• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hy6 users and the future..

Theodore Diehl

Hello all,
After the dramatic developments of the last weeks, (not to mention what is yet to come!), I am really curious what action (or not) other Hy6 users plan to take since we have all become owners of a new and suddenly no longer produced camera.

Me: I use my Hy6 professionally for my work, using both film and digital, but I don't make my living as a photographer, so it is a lot easier for me to continue with this, in my view, fantastic system.

Actually I'm extending into even more glass and options for the Hy6 system now. The way I figure, even in the worst case with a second body, I can on on for years like this with no difficulties.

As to backs: the new 65 back is simply great to get me through the next years as well. I found out long ago that pixel counts aren't everything; in my view glass is of much greater influence (unless you are making poster/ giant enlargements). For what I need, I am lucky to have this system despite all the problems! I will probably miss researching the regular software upgrades, and new backs on a psychological level, but what the heck :) !

My question is: what are other Hy6 users up to? Are you staying on the ship or jumping off?
Please share your thoughts here since we seem to be on the endangered species list....
Ciao tutti,
Theodore

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Theodore,

What news last week? I am interested in knowing what arrangements you know about for repair and what the prices are for residual stock of the Hy6 body? Also they made some new wide angle lenses. Did they reach the market?

Asher

Theodore Diehl

Hi Asher,
All I know is that my official Sinar dealer here can still get certain lenses and parts; it seems that much of the Hy6 stock remainder has gone to Sinar in Switzerland. I am still trying to find out what if any of the new lenses were produced; the only ones I am sure about are the 2.8/50mm and the new 180mm and 150mm as they were on sale in Germany a month before the 'crash.'
Since many other bits and pieces are just Rollei, they can still be found...
Ciao,
Theo