• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bonjour from Munich

Jerome Marot

Just thought I would introduce myself.

I am French, but live in Munich, Germany (hence the title). I take photographs as an amateur and have been doing so for the past 35 years.

I came here because I have been looking for a long time for a forum where the discussions would be about what people are doing and want to do with their cameras, instead of about the cameras themselves. Not that it is wrong to discuss about cameras (to a point), but I missed the other aspect.

Obviously, I own a camera or two.

These are from my flickr account:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jerome,

Bienvenu! glad to have another creative photographer. I like the individual stamp on your pictures. Look at my comments on Ossi's new work, [urlo=http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13265]here[/url]. To go beyond simple praise, we value a little more.

Back to the welcome: so glad you found us. Yes, we could care less about cameras, unless they are getting in the way of the picture!

Asher

Jerome Marot

I understand your comments. If I want advice on these particular pictures, I will present them in individual threads.

Asher Kelman

I understand your comments. If I want advice on these particular pictures, I will present them in individual threads.

Jerome,

We're so glad to have you here. We hope we don't give "advice" unless asked but rather t should be cautious "feedback" based on the wishes of the individual photographer. One he/she has a clear understanding of their own vision. Feedback just relates to how we, with our limited viewpoints perceive the work. So it's with great deference that we share joy, ideas and feelings on the experience we get from each other's work.

Hopefully, we don't ever set out to tell anyone what to do without specific problem being posed! If you notice it, give us a wrap on the knuckles, LOL!

Asher

Asher Kelman

[

Jerome Marot: Untitled

Jerome,

I just noticed the bear; delightful! Is the "ironwork" from a rusted tuning fork, a barbecue grill or a wrought iron fence with old fading blue paint or perhaps you created the patina?

Asher

I love this kind of image. I like very much the 1st one, with a mix of minimal shape and textures.... You'll find someone(s) to talk to around here, I am sure!

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Jerome,
Welcome to OPF.
I hope you find this to be a pleasant place to discuss your efforts and those of our many talented members.

Jean Henderson

Hi Jerome,

Glad to have you aboard the forum. As I scrolled down your images, I thought, "nice abstracts." THEN I saw the teddy bear and laughed because I liked it so much!

Jean