• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wi Fi CF Cards

Prateek Dubey

Does anyone have an experience in using a Wi Fi enabled CF card? I was contemplating in using one to transfer images directly to my laptop in a studio shoot. I find the USB cable a bit of a nusance in an already restrictive and irritating environment of a studio.

The WT-4 wifi transmitter from Nikon has such a bad reputation that I'm not even thinking about it.

Any other ideas are welcome...

Doug Kerr

What ever happened to the SanDisk CF card with Wi-Fi capability that was announced a number of years ago?

Best regards,

Doug

Eye-Fi is adequate for file transfer but does not offer the same bi-directional camera control and file transfer that tethered or Wireless USB does.

Wireless USB is still "not ready for prime time" IMO, but it is an option especially for studio product/still life work.