• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Austinite

Carlos Garcia

Hello to all,

I'm Carlos García. Austinite for 16 years, Texan since birth (Harlingen).

Have been shooting for years, but only seriously for about two years. It's become one of my favorite pasttimes.

Married with three daughters, I'm very blessed. Two dogs and a cat.

Online Gallery: www.lightcaptured.net

Cameras I've used: Pentax 35mm, Canon PowerShot A300, Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z1, and the latest... FujiFilm Finepix s9000 (my new toy).

Hope to contribute as well as learn.

Hook 'em...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Carlos,

Excellent galleries. I like your sense of composition. The picture of the weathered gas pumps and the two girls walking along a path, (B&W), come to mind.

You can post them here by embedding the url of the image in between
as you most probably know!

Are you still using film and are you scanning those negatives or like most of us they are consigned to a box of history!

Asher

Carlos Garcia

Thanks for the compliments Asher. I went digital 3 years ago and haven't looked back. There are some old negatives from our trip to the Pacific Northwest I'd like to get professionally scanned... I just have to fing them.

Mary Bull

Carlos Garcia said:
Hello to all,

I'm Carlos García. Austinite for 16 years, Texan since birth (Harlingen).
Carlos, I am pleased to find another fellow-Texan here.

I'm a fifth-generation Texan, born near Corpus Christi. Your gallery photos make me homesick. I now live in Nashville, Tennessee, but I have a lot of family in Texas.
Have been shooting for years, but only seriously for about two years. It's become one of my favorite pasttimes.
I've been shooting seriously for about 3 months. And it's a favorite activity for me, also, though I'm still technically quite inexpert. I'm mostly here to learn from others how to be better at it.
Married with three daughters, I'm very blessed. Two dogs and a cat.
Blessed indeed.

From your galleries I see that you can contribute to many sub-fora here. Please don't neglect the Pet's Corner.

Online Gallery: www.lightcaptured.net

I very much enjoyed my short stay at your Gallery. I liked particularly "Our Beautiful Skies" and the green leaf in "Photo-A-Day." In "Pets" I found "Khall" very intriguing.
Cameras I've used: Pentax 35mm, Canon PowerShot A300, Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z1, and the latest... FujiFilm Finepix s9000 (my new toy).
I'm still trying to learn all the ins-and-outs of my Canon G2. Making progress. Hope to see reports of what you're doing with your new toy here at OPF.
Hope to contribute as well as learn.
Already you're contributing. I loved your Austin bridges in the Architectural-Industrial forum.

I know something about those bats.

And about Austin. Many scenic views there. My mother spent her childhood in Austin, just off Congress Avenue, across the street from the Texas School for the Deaf. Nothing like the hills of Austin or the beautiful Brazos River.

I very much hope to see a lot more of your work here at OPF.

Hook 'em...
Hook 'em, Horns!*
The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You.

*For those who don't follow U.S. college football, the University of Texas team's name is the Texas Longhorns.

Carlos, I wouldn't mind seeing a few shots of the Rio Grande Valley, here, too, if you ever visit Harlingen again.

Mary

Carlos Garcia

Thanks for all the kind words, Mary. Don't think I've ever seen a post dissected like that. :D

If you really want to get home sick, go to Texasphotoforum.com it's basically the same type of forum as this one, just made up of mostly Texas photographers, although anyone can join. I joined this one to broaden my scope.

Mary Bull

In-line conversing

Carlos Garcia said:
Thanks for all the kind words, Mary. Don't think I've ever seen a post dissected like that. :D
It's called "in-line replying" and I very much enjoy conversing on OPF this way.
If you really want to get home sick, go to Texasphotoforum.com it's basically the same type of forum as this one, just made up of mostly Texas photographers, although anyone can join. I joined this one to broaden my scope.
I went to the gallery and quickly found that I was required to register in order to see the images. So I did.

And you're right. Some of them do make me homesick. Thanks a mil for the link.

Mary

Dawnne Gee

Welcome, Carlos

Hey, Carlos. Welcome up here from another "newbie".

I grew up in San Antonio, and spent my first two years of college at UT Austin.

I haven't been back down that way since early 1990. I'll have to register with your site later today when I'm done with some client work and make myself homesick.

My only Texas shots are from Fort Bliss on field training exercises after our unit (3ACR, which is now in Ft. Carson, CO) first got M1 tanks, and they're probably up at Fr. Carson in the Cavalry Museum now since the regiment moved. Bah.

Anyway, welcome.